Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS) Admission 2020/2021
The Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS) started as the Dar es salaam medical school in 1963. The school then transformed into the faculty of medicine of the university of Dar es salaam that in 1991 was upgraded and became a college–the Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences (MUCHS).
In 1996, the Faculty of Medicine that was upgraded to a constituent College of the University of Dar es Salaam, with the aim of nurturing it to a full-fledged university later on was merged with the Muhimbili hospital to create the Muhimbili Medical Centre (MMC).
Over the years MUCHS made significant achievements in terms of increased student enrollment and development of several new academic programmes. The Parliament Act No 9 of 1991 that established MUCHS was repealed in 2005 through the universities Act no 7 of 2005.Subsequently, in 2007Article 1 of the Charter of Incorporation established MUHAS; in line with the Universities act no 7 of 2005.
The objectives of the University are the advancement of knowledge, diffusion and extension of technology and learning, the provision of higher education and research and, so far as is consistent with those objectives, the nurturing of the intellectual, aesthetic, social and moral growth of the students at the University.
MUHAS has two campuses: Muhimbili Campus and Mloganzila Campus.
Muhimbili Campus is situated in Ilala Municipality, in Upanga along United Nations Road.
Mloganzila Campus is still new and in the process of development and it occupies 3,800 acres and is located 3 km off Dar es Salaam-Morogoro highway, 25 km from Dar es Salaam.
MUHAS has other facilities including the Bagamoyo Teaching Unit in Bagamoyo district. This facility was established for the purpose of training students during field studies. The unit has a total area of 46,085.7 square metres which has been developed by construction of residential houses, classroom, laboratory, hostel and canteen.
MUHAS has a range of programmes in biomedical, clinical and allied health sciences. These programmes are taught in the five Schools and one academic Institute of the University.
The office of Deputy Vice Chancellor Academics, Research and Consultancy coordinates teaching of all academic programmes. The Directorate of Information Communication Technology (ICT) and Library Services provide cross-cutting support to all University units in information, communication and technology information management.
1963-1967 :Dar es Salaam Medical School
1968-1969 : Faculty of Medicine, Dar es Salaam University College of the University of East Africa
1970-1990 : Faculty of Medicine, University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM)
1976-1990 : Faculty of Medicine incorporated in Muhimbili Medical Centre
1991-2006 :Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences (MUCHS), constituent college of UDSM
2007-Todate :Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS)
Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS) admission – Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS) news
- Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences programs
- Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences prospectus
- Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences postgraduate courses
- Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences undergraduate courses
- Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS) selected applicants
- Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS) Online application
For inquiries, technical support and clarifications use the details below to contact the university support team:
- Physical location: United Nations Road, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Postal address: P.O. Box 65001, Dar es Salaam
- Phone number: +255 0222151596
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: muhas.ac.tz
- Fax: 255-022-2150465,
- Facebook: @muhimbiliuniversity
- Twitter: @muhimbiliuniver
- Phone number 1: +255 684 846 645
- Phone number 2: +255 757 807 221
- Phone number 3: +255757 807 221
- Phone number 4: +255 767 011 306
For more details, you can visit the Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences Website Here https://www.muhas.ac.tz/
- Guide to the College Application Process in Tanzania
- List of All universities in Tanzania
- List of certificate and diploma program in Health and allied Sciences in Tanzania
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- General Entry requirements for admission into Health and Allied Sciences programs
- Application for Health and allied science programs in Public Colleges and Private colleges
- Diploma in Nursing Tanzania
- List of Pharmacy Schools – Pharmacy Universities institutes in Tanzania 2020
- List of Pharmacy Schools – Pharmacy Colleges and Universities institutes in Tanzania
- Colleges and Universities Offering Medical Laboratory Science Programs in Tanzania