You’ve made the final decision of studying in Tanzania. Now you just need to do your research and apply for a college. Are you too afraid to begin the process and keep postponing it?
Well, no need to stress out! The sooner you start searching for information and begin the application process for a college, the higher the chances you will be accepted by one or more institution that you dream about.
Applying to a college in Tanzania, is not as complicated as you may think. You just have to pay attention to a few details and prepare all the necessary documents as soon as possible.
The Application Process – How to apply and Where to apply
In Tanzania , Applications for diploma and certificate programs are usually sent directly to a college through specific institution online application system, for applicants who live near the college campus may submit their application packages physically to the college.
Application for Diploma and Certificate for Health and allied programs and Teaching and Learning Facilitation Programmes in government colleges are done through the NACTE Online Student’s Admission Verification System, if you are applying for health and allied science programme in Private colleges, you will still be required to submit your applications directly to the colleges’s , Physically or VIA institution’s online application.
Meanwhile, all the applications for other certificate and diploma programs should be sent directly to the college VIA offline application mode (physically) or Online application mode (Buy using institution’s Online application system)
Tips and things to consider for smoothly and successfully College Application Process In Tanzania
1. Keep your options open
Even if you have set a clear goal that you want to be a student at a certain college, it is always best and wise to apply to at least three universities, even if they are in different locations in the country.
2. Be realistic and informed
Check and read the academic requirements carefully to figure out the probability of being accepted by the college. these details will be available on the NACTE admission Guide book, you just have to look them up and check if they are up-to-date for the current academic year.
3. Choose the right course
There are plenty of disciplines you can pick from to study . Here are just of few of the most popular options to consider:
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Diploma in Orthopaedic Technology
- Diploma in Nursing Tanzania
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Diploma in Environmental Health Sciences
- Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography Programme
- Advanced Diploma in Dermatovenereology Programme
- List of certificate and diploma program in Health and allied Sciences in Tanzania
4. Choose the right college
Here are some top colleges you should consider for your study
- Agriculture and Livestock Training colleges in Tanzania
- Community health Colleges in Tanzania
- Community Development Colleges in Tanzania
- Business Colleges in Tanzania – List of Business colleges and Universities in Tanzania
- List of colleges offering teaching Training programs in Tanzania
- Colleges and Universities Offering Medical Laboratory Science Programs in Tanzania
- List of all nursing colleges in Tanzania
- Clinical officer Training colleges Tanzania
- List of Pharmacy Schools – Pharmacy Colleges and Universities institutes in Tanzania
5. Discover how you can apply
Usually, you can apply through the website of the Institution directly and submit all the required documents or send them by post. In case you are applying for health and allied science program in a public college you will be required to apply through NACTE online application platform that is easier to use and also gives you the possibility to apply to more institution at once.
6. Pay attention to details
When you apply to more college simultaneously through various online systems, make sure you follow the exact steps . If you’re not careful, you might end up missing on your favorite study destination so make sure you pay proper attention during the application process.
Prepare to apply
- Make sure you choose the right program.
- Take into consideration course tuition fees:
- Check entry requirements
NACTE colleges application deadlines 2020/2021
Here are some of the most important dates and deadlines to consider when applying for a college in the 2020/2021 academic year
- 15th January – 20th February, 2020 : Receiving applications for March, 2020 intake for Academic Year 2019/2020
- 21st – 26th February, 2020: Online submission of selected students to NACTE
- 27th February – 3rd March, 2020 : Verification of selected students
- 15th May, 2020 : Opening of Admission for 2020/2021 Academic Year
- 15th May – 8th September 2020 : Receiving applications for September/October, 2019 intake for academic year 2020/2021