Nurses are essential to all health care systems around the world. They ensure that individuals, families and communities achieve optimal health, improving their quality of life. Because of this, nursing is an incredibly fulfilling and rewarding career.
There are three main types of nurses in Tanzania:
Registered Nurses or Nursing Sisters
They are responsible for the supervision of enrolled and enrolled auxiliary nurses as well as typical nursing responsibilities.
They perform limited nursing care.
Enrolled Nursing Auxiliaries
They perform basic procedures and care for patients on a general level.
Diploma in Nursing Programme.
Enrolling in a diploma program is beneficial to a wide range of individuals, from those just embarking on their higher education journey to those established in careers. Students working towards a diploma will generally find that they leave their schooling with a good balance of knowledge learned in the classroom and hands-on experience.
What is a diploma in nursing? These programs help to prepare students for what could be extremely satisfying and rewarding work in the field of nursing. Diploma seekers cultivate their desire to help others through the completion of courses with a general focus on health and wellness, confidentiality, privacy and workplace safety. Sometimes specific areas of nursing, such as rehabilitation and community, are included in the course selection.
Graduates with this diploma will likely find benefits both outside of their jobs and at work, thanks to learning how to communicate and work effectively with patients and other professionals. They may also develop skills to keep accurate patient records and use and understand medical terminology.
One of the most appealing aspects of choosing to earn a diploma is that the shorter one- to two-year time frame can oftentimes equal a smaller price tag. With programs offered at a variety of institutions, including community colleges, technical schools and universities, the price can vary depending on the school and program chosen.
Those earning a diploma in nursing may choose to explore careers as nursing assistants, healthcare aides or members of the patient-care staff within a facility. Graduates may find careers within home healthcare facilities, nursing homes, hospitals, group shelters or private residences. For those wanting to acquire further education, this diploma is the perfect stepping stone to other advanced degrees. With additional training and education, graduates could continue on to become registered nurses.
Prospective students striving to earn a diploma have many options when deciding where to pursue their studies. While some may look to traditional school settings, others may find that one of the many online programs offers greater flexibility for their already demanding schedules. Search for your program below and contact directly the admission office of the school of your choice by filling in the lead form.
The pre-service Diploma in Nursing is designed and organized in six semesters, each with specified courses. The programme is geared towards producing innovative, creative and flexible nurses who will cope with dynamic changes in the profession, technology and socioeconomic needs so as to be able to render comprehensive, quality and cots effective nursing care that meets the health needs of Tanzanians in all settings.
(i) Candidates must have completed O-level education with a credit in Biology and two passes in Chemistry and Mathematics or Physics.
(ii) Candidates must have completed secondary school education within three years from the year of application.
Diploma in Nursing Programme colleges in Tanzania
- Kcmc School of Nursing
- Bugando School of Nursing
- Lugala School of Nursing
- St. Magdalene School of Nursing
- Mchukwi Nursing School
- Zanzibar School of Health
- Yohana Wavenza Health Institute
- Kabanga School of Nursing
- Isimila Nursing School
- St. Joseph University College of Health Sciences
- Tukuyu School of Nursing
- Mbalizi Institute of Health Sciences – Mbeya
- Uyole Health Sciences Institute
- Rubya Health Training Institute
- Newala School of Nursing
- Archbishop John Ramadhan School of Nursing
- Kulangwa Prinmat Nursing and Midwifery School
- A3 Institute of Professional Studies
- Kisare College of Health Sciences
- Lugalo Military Medical School
- Makambako Institute of Health Sciences
- Murgwanza Nursing School
- Arusha Lutheran Medical Centre
- Geita School of Nursing
- Bagamoyo School of Nursing
- Njombe Institute of Health and Allied Sciences (Njihas)
- Kiomboi School of Nursing
- Mkolani Foundation Health Sciences Training Institute
- Edgar Maranta Nursing School
- Excellent College of Health and Allied Sciences – Dar Es Salaam
- Ilula Nursing School
- Teofilo Kisanji University – Mbeya (Tk)
- Iambi Nursing School
- St. Augustine Muheza Institute of Health Sciences
- Berega School of Nursing
- Dareda School of Nursing
- Pemba School of Health
- Dodoma Institute of Health and Allied Sciences
- Ndolage Institute of Health Sciences
- Shirati College of Health Sciences
- Kairuki School of Nursing
- Sumve School of Nursing
- St. Gaspar Nursing School
- Tandabui Institute of Health Sciences and Technology
- Kigoma Training College – Kigoma
- Tanga School of Nursing
- Kibaha College of Health and Allied Sciences
- Mwambani School of Nursing
- Kolandoto College of Health Sciences
- Same School of Nursing
- Elijerry College of Health and Allied Sciences
- Nkinga Institute of Health Sciences
- Massana College of Nursing
- St. John College of Health
- Lake Institute of Health and Allied Sciences
- Kahama School of Nursing
- Heri Nursing School
- Machame Health Training Institute
- Paradigms College of Health Sciences
- Haydom Institute of Health Sciences
- Zanzibar University (Zu) (Conventional Programmes) (Zu)
- Primary Health Care Institute
- Huruma Institute of Health and Allied Sciences
- Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (Mh)
- Mtwara School of Nursing
- Bukumbi School of Nursing
- Kiuma Nursing School
- Bulongwa Health Sciences Institute
- Mgao Health Training Institute
- Nzega Nursing School
- Morogoro Public Health Nursing School
- Karatu Health Training Institute
- St John’s University of Tanzania (Sj)
- Decca College of Health and Allied Sciences – Dodoma
- Tosamaganga Institute of Health and Allied Science
- Mbulu School of Nursing
- Ilembula Institute of Health and Allied Sciences
- Korogwe School of Nursing
- Kibondo School of Nursing
- Peramiho School of Nursing
- Ndanda School of Nursing
- Sr. Dr. Thekla Nursing School
- Imani College of Health and Allied Sciences
- Green Bird College – Mwanga
- Muhimbili School of Midwifery
- Mvumi Institute of Health Sciences
- St. Bakhita Health Training Institute
- Operating Theatre Management School – Mbeya
- Tarime School of Nursing
- Kibosho School of Nursing
- Kilimatinde Institute of Health and Allied Sciences
- New Mafinga Health and Allied Institute
- Sengerema Health Training Institute
- Kam College of Health Sciences
- St. Aggrey College of Health Science
- Bishop Kisula College of Health and Allied Sciences
- Mkomaindo School of Nursing
- Lugarawa Health Training Institute (Luheti)