Health Records and Information Technology – Health information science Course in Tanzania – health record management course
Health record technicians organize and manage health information data by ensuring its quality accuracy, accessibility and security in both paper and electronic systems. By use of technology they classify, code and categorize patient information for databases and registries and maintain patients’ medical and treatment histories.
Accurate treatment histories enable the doctors to diagnose and prescribe the correct medication that will restore the client to their normal productive lives.
Health Information Sciences prepares students to become skilled health care paraprofessionals who manage sensitive health care information in a digital environment. This program demonstrates ethical and legal standards in working with protected health information as well as prepares students to conduct an information technology needs assessment and to practice using these technologies in a healthcare organization.
- Upon completion of the program, students should be able to do the following:
- Apply health information management technology best practices to the collection, maintenance, and transfer of medical records.
- Conduct an information technology needs assessment of a healthcare organizational unit.
- Execute the appropriate compliance and administrative standards in health information systems management.
- Apply ethical standards to working with health information.
- 1 Admission Requirements for Health Records and Information Technology Course in Tanzania – sifa za kujiunga na medical record
- 2 Health Records and Information Technology Colleges in Tanzania
- 3 Mwanza Polytechnic Institute – Maswa
- 4 Lake Zone Health Training Institute
- 5 Kcmc – Training Centre For Health Records Technology
- 6 Centre for Educational Development in Health Arusha | CEDHATZ
- 7 Careers for diploma in health records and information technology in Tanzania
Admission Requirements for Health Records and Information Technology Course in Tanzania – sifa za kujiunga na medical record
Holders of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) with four (4) Passes in non-religious Subjects including “D” Passes in Chemistry, Biology and Physics/Engineering Sciences a Pass in Basic Mathematics and English Language is an added advantage.
Health Records and Information Technology Colleges in Tanzania
There are various institutions that offer diploma and certificate programs in Health Records and Information Technology in Tanzania. Check the full list below.
Careers for diploma in health records and information technology in Tanzania
A graduate will be capable of working in:
- Health Records Department/Unit/Section (Referral Hospital, Regional Hospitals, District
- Hospital, Health Centers and any other health Institutions)
- Health information Resource Centre (National Hospital, Referral Hospital, Regional Hospitals,
- District Hospital, Health Centers, Dispensaries and any other health Institutions).
- Health Management Information Systems Department/Unit at District, Regional and National level.
Other career options
- Application analyst
- Business analyst
- Chief information officer
- Clinical informatics analyst
- Health system planner
- Information architect
- Information officer
- Program coordinator
- Program director
- Project manager
- Research assistant
- System designer
- Systems coordinator
- Technical application lead