Solidaridad is a global civil society organization (CSO) that provides market driven solutions for sustainable production practices across different supply chains. We envision a world in which all we produce, and all we consume, can sustain us while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. Our mission is to bring together supply chain players and engage them with innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all stakeholders.
Title: Gender Officer
Duration: One (1) Year renewable upon satisfactory performance
Reporting line: Country Manager-Tanzania
Main objective of the function
Solidaridad is implementing the Pathway to Prosperity project. The project officer- Gender will support the team in the gender and social inclusion integration in this and other projects. The primary role of the Project Officer-Gender is to support Gender and Social inclusion in the projects in a bid to address inequalities and empower women and other marginalized groups as per Solidaridad thematic areas.
The Project officer- Gender will liaise with project staff to ensure gender and inclusion are prioritized in each project activity. She/he will work with the M&E officer on gender monitoring frameworks with gender specific indicators to monitor project interventions. She/he will provide technical support for gender integration of projects including conducting gender analysis, identification of gender issues and implementation of gender and inclusion transformative interventions. She/he will support networking and coordination, business development and Knowledge management and sharing.
The Project Officer-Gender reports to the Country Manager-Tanzania. S/he Works closely with the Regional Gender Inclusivity Advisor, the Project teams, and the quality team on Administration.
Roles and Responsibilities
Technical support to the project team
- Provide support to the Project teams in the Implementation of the key gender components across the project areas
- Support projects teams to integrate gender in projects; e.g gender analysis and plans for gender integration.
- Support and coordinate capacity building of beneficiaries in gender and social inclusion methodologies and community sensitisation approaches
- Liaise with project partners and other stakeholders in the project locations to facilitate and enhance contribution towards the implementation of the gender and inclusion agenda.
- Support teams to ensure interventions are gender transformative and factor in inclusion of socially excluded groups.
- Organize and mobilize women, youth and other marginalized groups to participate in project interventions.
- Routine Reporting for the project
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Monitoring and reporting on gender issues
- Assist in the development of case studies, best practices, and key learning on gender integration in the project including generating success stories related to projects to feed into the learning agenda.
- Support the team to collect information for gender analysis, learning and best practices.
- Monitor and report on the project-related gender and social issues.
- Prepare reports on the gender and inclusion in the value chains
Networking and Coordination
- Liaise with key national stakeholders to facilitate and enhance contribution towards the implementation of the gender and inclusion agenda.
- Attend conferences and seminars as directed by the supervisor
- Coordinate participation in key global and national gender, women and youth events.
Knowledge management and knowledge sharing
- Provide brief updates on the development of gender-related issues in the country.
- Provide assistance in data collection, compiling lessons learned, and establishing indicators to support knowledge sharing.
- Coordinate with the communication team to increase visibility on gender and inclusion programming.
- Establish partnerships towards gender inclusive business development
- Provide input in concepts and proposals on women and youth economic empowerment, gender and social inclusive business development*.*
- Bachelor’s Degree in Gender studies, Social Sciences or related field.
- Experience in gender and inclusivity with project-related activities.
- Experience in gender integration in projects and capacity building in gender methodologies.
- Good reporting and writing skills.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.
- Excellent computer skills (SPSS, Excel, word)
- Capable of working in a dynamic, inter-cultural and multi-stakeholder setting.
- Able to travel extensively within Tanzania Project sites and occasional Regional and international travel.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to produce professional reports in English language.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
How to apply
To apply: Send a one-page cover letter (including salary expectations and availability) and CV to:
Subject: Gender Officer- Tanzania
Deadline for submission: 31 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Leave a Reply