Every year, Form Two students undertake the Form Two National Assessment (FTNA), which measures their ability to progress to the next stage of secondary education. The results of Form Two are very important, not only for the students themselves but also for parents, teachers, and other educational stakeholders.
The National Examinations Council of Tanzania (NECTA) is an institution responsible for coordinating and overseeing the examination results of primary and secondary schools in Tanzania. As a developed and trusted education system, the National Examinations Council ensures that student assessments are conducted accurately and fairly.
Using technology and modern methods, NECTA ensures the delivery of accurate and reliable results through their official website, which hosts a database for storing various examination results. This system simplifies the process of accessing and distributing examination results information, thereby increasing transparency and building trust between the public and the National Examinations Council.
By adhering to academic and operational standards, NECTA continues to contribute significantly to improving education in Tanzania. Assessments conducted under the supervision of the National Examinations Council lay a solid foundation for a growing and evolving education system, providing opportunities for every student to assess and improve their education. The results of these assessments enable teachers, schools, and relevant ministries to understand areas where students may face challenges and take corrective actions. This helps improve teaching and learning and increases students’ level of understanding.
Additionally, assessments conducted by NECTA can provide valuable data to ministries and educational stakeholders in making educational policy decisions. For example, examination results can be used to assess the effectiveness of educational programs and make necessary adjustments.
Overall, NECTA contributes to improving education in Tanzania by providing reliable methods to assess student skills and offering opportunities to learn and improve based on the results of these assessments. This helps ensure that every student receives quality education and equal opportunities to succeed in their future lives.
How to check Form Two Results 2023 – 2024 – Matokeo ya kidato cha pili 2023
If you are a student or guardian eagerly awaiting the announcement of the 2023 Form Two National Assessment (FTNA) results, you need to understand the process of checking these results.
As soon as NECTA announces the Form Two results, they upload them online on their official website so that everyone can access them promptly and quickly.
- To check your results, you need to visit the official website of the National Examinations Council of Tanzania (NECTA) available at this link: https://necta.go.tz/. This website provides accurate and reliable information related to examination results. It is important for students, parents, and guardians to recognize the importance of using the official website to avoid being misled by unofficial websites that may distribute incorrect or outdated information.
- After arriving at NECTA’s homepage, please go directly to the website’s menu, click on the “Results” section, which will bring up a submenu with a list of various examination results, including Form Two results labeled as “FTNA (Form Two National Assessment) -Matokeo ya kidato cha pili 2023/2024’’
- Click on the “FTNA” link, and you will be taken to another page with a list of Form Two results for various years from 2020 to 2023.
- Click on the link under the respective year of the results (2023) labeled “Link 1: Click here to view.”
- After clicking the relevant link, you will be taken to a special page for Form Two results where you can see a list of all schools in Tanzania.
- To view the results of Form Two of your school, you will need to click the link of the respective School, for example, you took the exam at “NAMUPA SEMINARY” secondary school. You will need to search for the name of the respective school and click on the respective link, and finally, you will be able to see the list of all students who took the Form Two exam at that school. You can see your name by searching for the name or by scrolling down slowly until you see your name.
Congratulations! By reaching there, you will have succeeded in viewing the Form Two results for the year 2023. Remember to download those results in pdf format for future reference.
How to interpret a student’s performance in the Form Two results 2023
In assessing student performance, the Tanzania Examinations Council uses the Grading System. This is a system used by the Tanzania Examinations Council in the Processing of National Assessment results of Form Two to follow up on student performance in national exams.
To facilitate this, NECTA uses score ranges in specific grades arranged in a point and letter system from A to F. The following is a breakdown of the grading assessment of the Form Two results in Tanzania
|Unsatisfactory – Fail
Therefore, to understand the level of achievement or proficiency of your child in the Form Two results (Matokeo ya kidato cha pili 2023), you need to make a comparison of the grade awarded with the grades above. By reaching there, you will have been able to recognize your child’s level of achievement based on the scores awarded by the Tanzania Examinations Council.