JOB VACANCY – TRANSPORT & CUSTOMS OFFICER
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Title: TRANSPORT & CUSTOMS OFFICER
Direct Reports: PROJECT SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
Location: DAR ES SALAAM
Performing the day to day activities and administrative processes for the clearance and transportation of medical and non-medical goods for a particular supply office (coordination or project level) according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal running of the mission/project
Minimum Educational Qualification: Desirable Diploma or Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Logistics/Procurement or relevant university degree.
||At least 2 years’ experience in supply chain related jobs or in the logistics department
||English and Swahili, French is an added advantage
||• Results and Quality Orientation
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Behavioural Flexibility
• Commitment.to MSF Principles
• Service Orientation
• Stress Management
- Basic knowledge on ERP system
- Performing the day to day activities and administrative processes to ensure an efficient running of the clearance and transportation processes of medical and non-medical goods for a supply office (coordination or project) following the supply procedures according to MSF standards and protocols. Including the following activities:
- Performing the day to day activities and administrative processes to ensure an efficient running of the clearance and transportation processes of medical and non-medical goods at coordination office in Dar es Salaam and with frequent visits to Dodoma following the supply procedures according to MSF standards and protocols. Including the following activities:
- Managing and planning, in collaboration with the line Supervisor and the Warehouse Supervisor, the shipment of goods between the projects and/or from the capital to the projects choosing the best possible means of transport
- Being responsible for the reception of international freight and its forwarding to the field.
- Being responsible for all customs and administrative related issues
- Regularly assessing the local transport market (companies, prices, services, delays,), and proposing different third party providers for validation
- Performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity and as specified in his/her job description.
- Daily follow up the importation process with the related authorities (TMDA, TRA, GLCA, Airport, Customs, sea port, and all other authorties involved the importation and transportation processes)
- Communicate with all stakeholders; supply, log, med, and pharma about any faced challenege in the importation and transportation process
- Extract cargoes` documents from MSFlog portal and ensure the completeness of the documentation as per requirements
- Pay frequent visits to Dodoma to follow up with cargoes permit applications
- Being the focal point with the transportation provider, trucks’ drivers, and public transportation for any local transportation.
- Arrange meetings with customs and tranport agnets in order to review the performance and share any improvement recommendations
- Conribute in monthly supply report by adding the transport and customs narrative part and customs and transport data report
|All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Monday, March 06th, 2023 at 4:00 PM. Please quote the job title on the email subject “TRANSPORT AND CUSTOMS OFFICER”
Please send your application to the email address MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org. The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16 or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District, or MSF Office – Liwale
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact MSFCH-Tanzania-HrManager@geneva.msf.org
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.