With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Stakeholders coordination and management.
Ensure effective coordination and engagement of all THRIVE 2.O project partners and stakeholders at different levels to successfully implement the Economic Empowerment Business Plan.
- Ensure partner’s MoUs, ToR, and other relevant documents are in place and complied.
- Work with Grants compliance and partnership team to conduct due diligence on all project partners under the program
- Organize frequent stakeholder reflection meetings
- In collaboration with the line, the supervisor takes the lead on the Management of donor’s communication and expectations
Realized project effectiveness through effective contribution from project partners and stakeholders Harmonized relationship with partners. Improved relationship with the project donor
Management and supervision of the team for effective implementation of the program.
- Design and assign work packages of work to others, monitor their performance, and check the interfaces between them and other work packages.
- Work with Cluster Managers, Resilience and Livelihood specialists, Cluster DM&E specialists, APMFs, and other key staff for effective project implementation.
- Catalyze the teamwork spirit among the staff
- Ensure that team members understand what they need to do when it is due, and when the project manager needs to intervene.
- Ensure preparation and usability of the Gannt Chart Ensure preparation of the RACI table
- Coordinate frequent front-line staff reflection meetings
- Meeting the target of the program within the given time and in an expected quality
- Increased staff teamwork spirit
Management of program resources.
Ensure the project and organizational resources are used in a stewardship manner in line with set standards and donor requirements.
- Encourage achieving more results using fewer resources
- Zero tolerance for misuse of program resources
- Take the lead on ensuring value for money in activities sub-granted to partners
- Co-investment well tracked and monitored
- No theft and fraud incidents within the Program
- Using fewer resources on achieving a big impact
- Co-investment well tracked and monitored
Effective quality implementation, reporting, monitoring, and supervision of the program
- Ensure effective implementation of economic empowerment business plan objectives including, but not limited to, the fidelity of the implementation of the approved models for this program
- Ensure program goal, outcome, and output are well monitored and tracked.
- Day-to-day weekly or monthly reflection meetings
- Work with DM&E to ensure the availability and usability of monitoring and data collection tools Work with DM&E to ensure project indicators are understood and well-tracked.
- Work with DM&E to ensure targeted households timely registered and tracked
- Review and dissemination of quality programs reports for both internal and external consumption
- Preparation and dissemination of quality project reports
- Realized project impact
Resource mobilization: Participate in resource mobilization through the preparation of concepts notes and proposal
- Number of successful project proposals or concepts prepared
Program visibility: In collaboration with Communication and Public engagement sector guide the documentation of THRIVE 2.0 promising practices and share them with partners and other stakeholders and active participation in stakeholders’ forums and meetings.,
- Increased publicity of the program
- Number of successful high-quality impact documentation of THRIVE 2.0
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE:
Required Professional Experience
- Minimum 7 years of excellent experience in Management and supervision of complex and Donor Funded projects.
- Experience in the management and supervision of partners is highly preferred.
- Should have an experience and general understanding of inclusive and holistic programming such as but not limited to GESI responsive and transformative designs, Environment, Market Led approaches, Financial Management, and related mainstreaming strategies and activities, especially in the livelihood sector.
- Experience in connecting and networking with key stakeholders such as the government at different administrative levels.
- Experience in policy influence, advocacy, or research-related field
- Demonstrate Experience working in Gender, advocacy, lobbying, other stakeholders, and communication.
- Experience in connecting and working with both formal and informal Financial Institutions Experience and exposure on child focus programming
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Preferred: Should have a university degree in, Rural Development, Community Development, Agricultural economics, Agriculture, Management, or a related field.
- Possession of a Master’s degree in these fields is an added advantage.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills; Ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders,
- Strategic, creative, and innovative thinking
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability/experience in managing and working with a network
- Experience in coalition building and ability to rally coalitions and networks to take positions on specific policy issues
- Excellent coordination and planning skills
- Report writing skills: Ability to write reports Demonstrate high levels of integrity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent team player with minimum supervision
- Significant experience of working with government officials, multiple partners, community groups, and communities.
- Proven experience in facilitating effective project documentation and dissemination of results to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience in working with donor funds
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff
- Good planning and Excellent organizational skills, the ability to determine priorities, and attention to detail a must
- Good Communication skills (English & Swahili) Work in a multisectoral/ multicultural team- patience, cultural sensitivity, and application of contextual understanding in day-to-day work
- Ability to work with tight deadlines for information needs
- Experience working with government
- Experience engaging decision-makers in government
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- The position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 40 % of the time and occasionally internationally.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player
- Willingness to travel to the field as and when needed
- Fluent in both Swahili and English languages
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Senior Grants and Operations Manager
- Administrative support and oversight
Resilience and Livelihood Team Leader/ Economic Empowerment and Market Development Manager
- Technical support
THRIVE Regional Integration Manager, Support Office, Regional Office
- Technical support from the donor perspective
- For key decisions needed (Where required)
Project Partners, Key Government office
- Technical support (On a Need basis)
Cluster Managers, AP Managers
- Implementation of the economic empowerment business plan
- Guided by WVT Policies and WVT authority matrix With respect to overall project implantation taking note of who has to be Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, and Informed.
- Be Safe and Resilient
- Deliver Results
- Build Relationships
- Be Accountable
- Learn and Develop
- Improve and Innovate
- Partner and Collaborate
- Embrace Change
- Model Self-Management
- Engage, Influence, Lead, and Grow Others
- Run an Effective and Agile Organisation
- Develop the Organisation for the Future
- This Position is Based in Arusha, Tanzania
Applicant Types Accepted:
- Local Applicants Only
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Leave a Reply