Full Time Tanzania January 29, 2023 Banking Jobs
Specialist Internal Audit Analytics
Dar es Salaam
The purpose of the job is to be responsible for preparing audit engagement plans, fieldwork execution, and reporting to assure that credit and financial reporting risks are adequately mitigated. The job holder will also be responsible for providing leadership and guidance to junior internal auditors in various audit projects and performing any other audit engagements assigned to them from time to time.
- Carry out audit engagements in line with auditing standards to assess the effectiveness of internal controls, governance, and risk management processes to support the achievement of the Bank’s objectives.
- Quarterly, proactively review impairment assessment in collaboration with Manager Credit Audits and Manager – Financial and Regulatory Reporting Audit to ensure that impairment assessment on loans and advances is adequate and in compliance with IFRS9.
- Review provision for loan losses to ensure adequacy and compliance with Bank of Tanzania regulations i.e. The
- Banking and Financial Institutions (Management of Risk Assets) Regulations 2014 and other applicable circulars/guidance.
- Champion correct interpretation and use of IFRSs in financial reporting. Provide guidance, share knowledge and provide training to audit staff on IFRS updates and contemporary issues around financial reporting standards.
- In consultation with Audit Manager, perform a risk assessment and update/improve audit programs relating to financial reporting and credit operations.
- Obtain and review circulars, new procedures, and new products relating to financial reporting and credit operations and assess their impact on the audit process and existing controls.
- Identify and share with Audit Manager, key fraud risk indicators on financial reporting and credit operations at both branches and the Head Office.
- Develop, maintain, and update risk register around financial and regulatory reporting space and ensure that controls are in place to manage the risks identified.
- Champion development and review of audit methodology and programs on financial reporting and credit processes to facilitate effective testing of both control design and operating effectiveness.
- Track and monitor implementation of agreed actions and recommendations by internal audit and other assurance providers to ensure management addresses them as agreed.
- Provide inputs during the development of the annual audit activity plan in collaboration with audit managers to ensure effective risk assessment in identifying auditable entities.
- Provide support and guidance to junior internal auditors in performing their tasks
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor within the Directorate of Internal Audit.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Banking, commerce, or related business subjects, from any recognized University or its equivalent qualifications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in preparation of audit engagement plans, fieldwork execution, and reporting.
- Certification for Information System Audit (CISA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Public Accountant (CPA/ ACCA).
- Practical experience and competency in the use of audit tools in particular Teammate, ACL, and proficiency in Excel application
- Good knowledge of Bank of Tanzania Regulations and best Banking practices.
- Analytical. Interpersonal, team-leading, and strong audit report writing skills
Leave a Reply