Diploma in Clinical Medicine
OBJECTIVE OF THE PROGRAM
- Play a primary role in clinical management of health care service delivery at mid-level
- Practice appropriate skills as well as inculcate positive attitude and conduct relevant to the clinical medicine, preventive and curative health care services in health facilities and the community
- Steer creativity and innovativeness in response to risks inherent in the delivery of health care services;
- Make clinical judgments to arrive to proper diagnosis and correct management of patients utilizing broad range of clinical and laboratory procedures
- Utilize effective health promotion strategies and counseling skills in the management of patients, clients, families and community
- Apply basic principles of resource management and operational research principles to carry out administrative procedures in health care setting
- Utilize entrepreneurship principles, approaches of advocacy, partnership, health economics for health service delivery with due recognition of public policies, ethical and legal limitations viii) Demonstrate skills in ICT for effective health information management
DURATION OF THE PROGRAM
The whole programme of Ordinary Diploma in Clinical Medicine has a total of 3 years; year one 40 weeks; year two 47 weeks and year three 38 weeks of study. Each academic year is divided in two semesters.
ORDINARY DIPLOMA CLINICAL MEDICINE – MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Eligible candidate for admission to Ordinary Diploma in Clinical Medicine program must have passes in Science subjects with a minimum of “C” PASS in Chemistry and Biology and “D” in Physics at Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) OR Form six candidates with a minimum of “E” in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Passes in Mathematics and/ or English language is an added advantage.