- 1 About Ministry of Agriculture Training Institute Igurusi – Mbeya
- 2 Ministry of Agriculture Training Institute Igurusi – Mbeya Latest Admission Updates & Highlights
- 3 Ministry of Agriculture Training Institute Igurusi – Mbeya
- 4 Stefano Moshi Memorial University College courses offered 2021
- 5 Nelson Mandela African Institute of Science and Technology offered courses 2022
- 6 NACTE admission guide book 2021/2022
- 7 NACTE application | NACTE Online Application 2021/2022
- 8 NACTE 2021/2022 – NACTE News – NACTE Admission 2021
- 9 Application for Health and allied science programs in Public Colleges and Private colleges
- 10 Guide to the College Application Process in Tanzania
- 11 NACTE online Award Verification System
- 12 NACTE website – www.nacte.go.tz
- 13 Education and Teaching Colleges in Tanzania
About Ministry of Agriculture Training Institute Igurusi – Mbeya
The Ministry of Agriculture Training Institute Igurusi – Mbeya, commonly referred to as Chuo cha Kilimo MATI – IGURUSI.
MATI Igurusi is located in Mbarali District at IGURUSI village, 55Km. from Mbeya Municipality along Mbeya Dar es Salaam main road. MATI Igurusi is well situated for Irrigation and Land Use Planning practical works. Around MATI Igurusi there are 5 rice irrigated schemes covering an area of about 3,700 ha. It is situated at 1100 meter above sea level with temperature ranging from 10°C – 33°C providing an excellent weather for academic concentration.
Ethnic groups around IGURUSI includes Sangu, Kinga, Nyakyusa and Bena, famous in Agriculture production. They like mixing with others and eager to learn. MATI Igurusi collaborates with other MATI’s and LITI’s, University Colleges Research departments, State farms and Agricultural Industries to make sure that what is taught is correct and appealing.
MATI IGURUSI is the only one Institute in the country perhaps in East and Central Africa which can offer a Diploma in Irrigation and Land Use Planning. In addition, short course programmes are undertaken to cater for small scale farmers, extension officers and middle level farm managers.
MATI Igurusi has highly qualified and experienced tutors in the field of Irrigation and Land Use Planning for over 20 years. Remember ‘Wisdom is better than Strength’
The main objective is to train young men and women in the field of irrigation, Land Use Planning and Agriculture in general so that the graduates can use the acquired knowledge in agricultural production to make a living and train others to improve their income through increased crop and animal production.
Specific objectives include:-
The diploma programme are aimed at producing Technicians specialized in Specific field of Agricultural Industry capable of handling advisory extension work at District level and managerial work at large agricultural and livestock farms.
The Certificate programme is aimed at producing practically oriented workers at village level. The short courses programmes are intended to expose the village extension officers and Small Scale farmers with up to date information and agricultural skills.
Ministry of Agriculture Training Institute Igurusi – Mbeya Latest Admission Updates & Highlights
If you are applying to Ministry of Agriculture Training Institute Igurusi – Mbeya, here are some of the most useful information that you need to Know about Ministry of Agriculture Training Institute Igurusi – Mbeya, Check full details below
For more information and inquiries, you can contact the Ministry of Agriculture Training Institute Igurusi – Mbeya by visiting the official website: https://www.kilimo.go.tz/