Logistics Officer Medical Teams International
|Reports to||Logistics & Procurement Manager||Technical: NA|
|Location||Medical Teams – Kasulu|
|Workdays & Hours||Monday-Sunday, 40-45 hours/week as per duty roster. May include weekends, shifts and public holidays|
|Supervises||Direct: Fleet Officer||Technical: NA|
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
The Logistics Officer is responsible for implementing logistics activities to facilitate all Medical Teams operations in Tanzania.
- Plan and support supply chain activities including planning, sourcing, transport, shipping, warehousing, asset management; apply distribution control techniques to optimize stock levels.
- Ensure that all logistics activities are carried out in line with Medical Teams policy and procedures and in line with government and donor requirements.
- Ensure processing of all assets and inventory through the ERP System (Unit 4 Business World).
- Provide training to staff in the use of Unit 4 ERP system in recording of assets and inventory as well as ensuring all records are updated in the system with complete and correct supporting documentation.
- Coordinate with the Procurement Officer to ensure all ordered goods are transported by the supplier to the Medical Teams warehouse with complete all necessary documentation in place.
- Coordinate with HQ Director of Logistics and approved customs clearance agent for shipment and processing of clearing documents for all imported goods.
- Participate in inventory counts and physical asset verification and related reporting.
- Ensure hard copy and digital logistics and procurement paperwork is filed properly and available for audits.
- Maintain contracts for all facility rentals and work closely with the Procurement Officer to ensure effective and efficient implementation; support timely vendor payment by submitting all required documentation in accordance with schedules and maintain communication with vendor for any required facility maintenance.
- Participate in creation and updating of budget and procurement plans as necessary.
- Assist in planning for purchase of assets and equipment and recommendation for disposal.
- Track all organizational equipment and assets.
- Conduct occasional monitoring of inventory and assets to verify condition and proper use of property.
- Ensure proper branding on all items.
- Assist in planning of office management needs including purchasing of office supplies.
- Collaborate with IT Officer to meet technology needs of organization.
- Support safety and security tasks as delegated
- Ensure safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, and Child & Vulnerable Adult protection policies and sexual harassment policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement & Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field is required.
- Professional certification preferred (CIPS, CILT)
- Minimum 2 years of procurement and logistics experience
- Experience with specific Grant rules and regulations on Procurement, Asset & Inventory Management, and Disposals Procedures by donor such as (UNHCR, USAID, ECHO, Other UN Agencies, etc.) is an added advantage.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of supply chain management including procurement, tendering, contracting, clearance, transport, warehousing, distribution, fleet management and asset management.
- In-depth knowledge of ERP systems
- Demonstrated understanding of donor-specific logistics procedures and grant requirements.
- Highly skilled at using ERP systems to manage inventory logistics.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Skilled in communication
- Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- A good command of both written and spoken English and Swahili.
- Ability to act with integrity and ensure security and appropriate use of assets.
- Ability to complete complex tasks with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
- Highly organized with good quantitative ability
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy.
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
Tools and Equipment Used
- Requires frequent use of personal computer, including word processing, database programs; calculator, telephone, and copy machine.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands, and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires occasional travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
- The employee may be required to travel to remote areas where there are potential health hazards and risks, limited hygiene facilities, extreme weather, and very basic living conditions.
NOTE: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities, and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department, or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by Medical Teams International as the requirements of the job change.
- All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter and CV in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: email@example.com
- Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
- Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line” Logistic Officer
- Application Deadline: 4th of April 2023 at 1700HRS. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. Medical Teams is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce
Beware that Medical Teams does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing application, or any other fee). Medical Teams does not request any information related to bank accounts. If asked of any payment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org