TAWIDO is a Non-Governmental Organization led and established by women in 2011 with the aim of promoting health, gender equality, and human rights among the women and vulnerable girls in the community. It was registered in 2013 and obtained its compliance certificate of registration No. 00NGO/R/0169 under NGO Act of 2002 to operate in Tanzania mainland. TAWIDO works to ensure development, care and protection of women and vulnerable adolescent girls by raising awareness about their rights and opportunities for development. Among other things, TAWIDO runs the helpline Call Center that through the Bulk SMS, Interactive Voice Response, SMS Chart Platform and toll-free services brings the aspect of awareness, counselling, referral and linkage of clients to services from the broad network of service providers in all regions of Tanzania. TAWIDO has a solid experience in implementing global HIV programs, offering services among People Living with HIV/AIDS(PLHIVs) communities ranging from HIV prevention to ART initiation as well as fighting stigma and discrimination.
TAWIDO is currently implementing EpiC project in Kinondoni Municipal which is funded by USAID through FHI360 with the aim of addressing critical gaps and bottlenecks in the response to HIV among vulnerable community.
To facilitate smooth implementation of this project, TAWIDO wishes to recruit qualified, experienced, motivated and dynamic individuals in the following positions available;
Hotline Counselors (7 Posts)
Work station: Kinondoni –DSM
Reporting to: Hotline Manager
Duration: 7 months (Renewable) full time
The counsellor should provide an assurance of strict confidentiality and rehearse, over time, the solutions to critical problems such as who to tell, what needs to be said, discussion around safer sex practices and adherence to drug therapies. Clear information about medical and counselling follow up should be given.
Counselors do not advise their clients, but seek to help them to understand themselves better and find their own ways to cope or to resolve problems. Referral, Linkage and liaison with other agencies are a feature of the work.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Counselors are responsible for receiving calls, providing counseling and guidance support to clients who calls.
- Shall be responsible to provide Social Behavior Change communication to clients who call and inform them of the services that are provided by TAWIDO.
- Shall be responsible for linkage and referrals of clients that may call to the hotline demanding for related services from TAWIDO, project Implementation partners, social welfares and other related institutions in Dar es Salaam or from other regions.
- Shall help clients understand their diagnosis, manage their treatment plan, and cope with the social and emotional effects of living with a chronic illness.
- Shall also work with other medical professionals to coordinate care between different specialists. This might include helping doctors determine when it’s appropriate to start Antiretroviral Therapy or coordinating with mental health professionals to provide counseling services to patients.
- Shall educate clients about the availability of community resources, such as support groups and social services.
Qualifications and other requirements specific to the role;
- At least a bachelor degree in relevant field (Psychology and counselling, Health, Community development, Sociology etc.).
- At least two (2) years experience in Psychology and Couselling activities.
- Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national guidelines, standards and protocols.
- Experience in working with LGA, NGOs, CBOs and health facilities to implement public health projects, especially those working with vulnerable populations.
- A knowledge of Computer basic applications.
How to Apply:
- All applications are to be lodged through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail.
- All applicants MUST attach cover letter and their updated Curriculum Vitae as a single document with certified copies of academic certificates as supporting documents to their applications.
- All applications should be submitted not later than 23:59 HRS on February 23rd’2023.
Leave a Reply