JOB ADVERT – HD MECHANICS (01 VACANCY)
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit HD Mechanics to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align with the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering and Services department are effectively planned and undertaken safely and cost-effectively to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies, and Procedures.
Reporting to: HME Superintendent
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e., attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting, and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health, and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Follow all maintenance procedures and ensure the completion of mechanical activities according to standard without causing any further damage to any component/system/equipment.
- Ensure equipment isolation, adhere to working at height and confined space standards/ procedures, and conduct pre-start checks/ inspections.
- Carry out mechanical repair and preventative maintenance to maintain Plant & Mobile equipment safely and efficiently to achieve production and cost targets.
- Carry out troubleshooting, fault finding, and corrective maintenance to solve unplanned equipment unavailability events.
- Ensure that maintenance practices result in maximum equipment availability.
- Utilize work instructions to determine job requirements, including job sheets, quality, quantity of materials/ resources, etc.
- Perform PM inspection according to the maintenance requirements and ensure preventive maintenance compliance.
- Conduct Mobile and Plant equipment upgrades/modifications as required.
- Removal of the machine components and replacement.
- Provide accurate and timely feedback to the First Line Leader on conditions that may affect the functionality of the equipment.
- Ensure First Line Leaders and all stakeholders are informed of equipment availability status.
- Follow up on outstanding maintenance/ repairs.
- Complete shift handover process.
- Actively participate in training activities to gain new skills and develop their full potential.
- Under the direction of the First Line Leader, provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to less experienced personnel.
- Ordinary secondary education (Form IV)
- Trade-certified fitter.
- Exposure to working with automation of underground mechanized mining equipment.
- Minimum 5yrs working on Sandvik mechanized mining equipment.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- The ability to prioritize repairs and take instructions to reduce downtime and delays is foremost in maximizing machine availability and operator utilization.
- Must have proven experience working as part of a high-speed mechanized jumbo development maintenance team with a sound understanding of mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems on mobile machinery.
- The ability to diagnose faults and rectify them in a time-efficient manner is critical.
- Good Communication Skills, English & Swahili
- Exposure to the industry’s best preventative maintenance regimes is imperative to ensure machinery and equipment are maintained to the high level of availability at all times.