POSITION – FINANCE MANAGER
World Renew is a relief and development organization of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA), is registered in Tanzania as an International NGO, under the Non-Governmental Organizational Act, 2002, made under Section 11(1) and 17 (2) of Act No. 24 of 2002 with the Registration Number l-NGO/ R2/000640.
In collaboration with our local partners and government district councils, World Renew Tanzania is implementing a significant number of community development programs focusing to improve Food Security, Conservation Agriculture, Disaster Risk Reduction, Environmental Protection, Livelihoods and Income Generation, Health, and Literacy.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
Responsible for managing the Finance and Administration functions of the World Renew Tanzania Office, in accordance with its approved plans and budget, ensuring consistent application of financial principles, policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as Finance Manager for World Renew Tanzania.
- Prepare project budget and cash flow forecasting for submission to the World Renew Home Office for fund transfer to the country office and partners.
- Ensure efficient performance of finance and administration staff in the World Renew Tanzania
- Reconcile invoices, expenditures, project codes, funds source and ensure proper documentation and approvals before claims/refunds and debit notes are raised and reconcile project accounts with Country office records as may be required.
- Manage the country budget with constant monitoring, informing the Country Director and Country team of all variances and provide
- Ensure monthly and periodic bank reconciliations and financial and accounting reports for the Country office are prepared on a timely basis, meeting strict deadlines and requirements of different programs.
- Make all necessary Journal Vouchers as required by World Renew financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure accurate financial accounts and reports, including the internal auditing and reviewing of the work completed by all staff performing financial
- Assist World Renew partners to ensure appropriate and effective accounting systems in coordination with the Tanzania program staff.
- Identify capacity building needs in partner finances, working with Program staff and Engage in training partner staff to increase their financial management capacity.
- Organize regular appreciative internal audits of partner finances with program
- Work together with World Renew Tanzania program staff to identify best practices, ensure cohesiveness and scaling up.
- Ensure adequate insurance for all property, furniture, and equipment (e.g., vehicles).
- Make recommendations to management on retention/disposal of records and ensure prudent disposal of the same as necessary.
- Working with the Country Director, regularly update the finance policies of World Renew Tanzania.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors, finance staff and the Country Director; assess any changes necessary.
- Ensure compliance with local country laws and regulations.
- Working with the Country Director, regularly
review and update the various administration policies for World Renew Tanzania.
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures as outlined in the World Renew Tanzania administration manuals.
- Ensure that efficient and effective logistic systems are maintained in the
- Ensure assets are adequately safeguarded by supervising the maintenance of a comprehensive and up to date inventory of all World Renew Tanzania assets.
- Ensure that relevant and up to date service and maintenance contracts are in place.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the
This position supervises the Finance and Administration team in Tanzania.
- Christian motivation and active involvement in a Christian faith community, with personal qualities of integrity and credibility.
- Demonstrated commitment to promote a work environment and respectful relationships that value diversity and equality.
- Committed to working towards gender equality in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies, and organizational
- Demonstrated experience in grants management.
- Strong management and leadership
- Experience using SAGE 50 accounts.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office in particular Excel including formulae and data analysis in computer programs e.g., Quick Books, Sage, Microsoft Excel
- Good analytical skills.
- Thorough and detailed oriented.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with – programmatic colleagues who do not necessarily have finance
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Very proactive individual that is flexible, resilient, and self-controlled.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Masters degree in Business Administration, or any other Finance related area, required.
- Professional qualification such as AGCA, CPA or CA is a definite advantage.
- At least 5 years’ work experience as Finance and Administration Manager or related senior role.
Knowledge of NGO and FBO donors and their financial reporting requirements
English and Swahili are required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The position periodically requires the jobholder to work long and odd hours, when necessary, to meet deadlines or respond to specific situations. Frequent travels in sometimes difficult circumstances may be necessary.
If you believe you are the right candidate for the job, submit a cover letter including your current and expected remuneration, a CV of not than 4 pages, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts, and three referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please observe a given list of instructions, a failure to do so, your application will not be
- The submission deadline is 21st March 2023 at 04:00pm.
- No telephone calls are allowed at this stage.
- The job offer is conditional to successful vetting including professional reference checks and lifestyle audit.
Leave a Reply