With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
To drive all WVT Project vehicles as planned.
- The safe arrival of passengers and goods Timely arrival to the destination The safe arrival of the vehicle Safe drive to avoid causing accidents to other road users
Ensure that the general state of the vehicle has been regularly & timely checked (before and after use).
The vehicle is timely serviced Well maintained vehicle Well cleaned vehicle Ensure the vehicle is always in good usable condition. The vehicle will be in roadworthy condition
Clerical services provision
- Timely support to all project staff as legally planned Support smooth and quick dispatch and delivery of documents between WVT and other stakeholders. Timely delivery of payloads
Maintain Log Books
- All mileage recorded should be those legally authorized Mileage recorded to the log book every time when refueling the vehicle There will be a proper recording of mileage covered against fuel consumed There will be a proper recording of mileage for normal service
Ensure all required documents to the vehicle are valid and safely kept, including Insurance, road safety stickers, availability of tool kit, triangles, reflectors, fire extinguisher & first Aid Kit.
- Timely replacement of vehicle-identified kits on their expiry (including first aid, fire extinguisher etc) There will be proper adherence to road traffic rules
Ensure all visitors sign the child protection forms as soon as they are picked up.
- Explain the purpose of signing the child protection form to visitors before they sign The timely signing of child protection forms for visitors on arrival
To ensure that the vehicle is not overloaded either by people or luggage
To increase the life span of the tires Adherence to the traffic rules and regulations
Report any adverse observation of a vehicle to the Senior Transport Officer
- The vehicle will be in roadworthy condition To reduce the risk of accidents
Remind/advise the Senior Transport Officer on matters pertaining to services and repairs of vehicles
- Adherence to the Planned Preventive Maintenance The vehicles will be in roadworthy condition
Ensure that the vehicles are serviced as per the Planned Preventive Maintenance.
- There will be safe arrival of both passengers and goods The vehicle will be in roadworthy condition always The lifespan of the vehicle will be increased
Adhere to WVT’s Vehicle Policy all the time
- There will be no picking up people in the vehicle who are not authorized referring to the policy of the organization There will be timely parking and allowed departure time of the WVT Project Vehicles unless legal permission is granted There will be no overspeeding and therefore reduction of accidents
Other duties as assigned by the employer
There will be smooth support on any other legal activities assigned to drivers
KNOWLEDGE/ QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- At least three years of experience as a driver
- Safe driving record Must be well acquainted with basic knowledge of vehicle parts and be able to diagnose vehicle-related faults in the first place.
- Long-distance driving experience
- Good oral communication ability.
- Polite, easy-going, and able to work with a variety of different people and cultures.
- Ability to work after normal working hours to transport staff/consultants to the airport and other locations.
- Strong language capability in both Kiswahili and English.
- Must be honest and demonstrate the highest degree of integrity.
- Ability to write a work-related report.
The required license, registration, and certification
Valid class C (C1, C2, C3) driving license Form Four with NIT Advanced Driving Certificate or VETA Advanced Driving Certificate
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
Work environment: Office-based with regular travel to the field Travel: Domestic travel is required.
Physical and Mentality Fit
Ability to communicate in English and good command of Kiswahili A good relationship with other staff
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIP; Contact (within WV or outside WV)
Reason for contact
Support service staff and Project staff
Be Safe and Resilient Deliver Results Build Relationships Be Accountable Learn and Develop Improve and Innovate Partner and Collaborate Embrace Change
This Position is Based in Arusha, Tanzania
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Leave a Reply