- 1 About Dar es salaam institute of technology
- 1.1 Dar es salaam institute of technology Latest Admission Updates & Highlights
- 1.2 DIT Semester Time Table 2022/2023
- 1.3 DIT Results 2022 – OSIM DIT Results 2022
- 1.4 Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology DIT courses 2022
- 1.5 DIT Prospectus 2022/2023 pdf
- 1.6 DIT Online application 2022/2023
- 1.7 DIT Examination Time Table 2022
- 1.8 OSIM DIT login account – DIT OSIM
- 1.9 Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology (DIT) Contacts
- 1.10 Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology (DIT) Announcements and Latest Admission News & Notifications
- 1.11 Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology almanac 2021/2022 – Academic Calendar 2021/2022
- 1.12 Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology (DIT) Entry requirements 2021/2022
- 1.13 Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology DIT joining instructions 2021/2022
- 1.14 Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology DIT Applicants with Multiple selection 2021/2022
- 1.15 How to confirm admission at the Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology (DIT)
- 1.16 Dar es salaam institute of technology | DIT
- 1.17 Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology – DIT Admission
- 1.18 Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology DIT second selection 2022/2023
- 1.19 DIT Selected applicants 2022/2023 pdf
- 1.20 Similar Colleges
- 1.21 NACTE 2022/2023 – NACTE News – NACTE Admission 2022
- 1.22 NACTE website – www.nacte.go.tz
- 1.23 NACTE online Award Verification System
- 1.24 NACTE admission guide book 2022/2023
- 1.25 NACTE application | NACTE Online Application 2022/2023
- 1.26 Nelson Mandela African Institute of Science and Technology offered courses 2022
- 1.27 Stefano Moshi Memorial University College courses offered 2021
- 1.28 Guide to the College Application Process in Tanzania
- 1.29 Education and Teaching Colleges in Tanzania
- 1.30 Application for Health and allied science programs in Public Colleges and Private colleges
About Dar es salaam institute of technology
The Dar es salaam institute of technology, commonly referred to as DIT or Chuo cha Dar es salaam institute of technology.
he Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology (DIT) is located in the Dar es Salaam city centre, at the junction of Morogoro Road and Bibi Titi Mohamed Street. Historically, DIT was established in 1997 by the Act of Parliament, “the DIT Act No.6 of 1997” to replace the Dar es Salaam Technical College, which had a long history of technical training in Tanzania. This history dates back to 1957 when its predecessor; the Dar es Salaam Technical Institute was established with the main task of providing vocational training in the country. The Institute later expanded its scope to offer technical secondary school courses and training for Technical Assistants before it was upgraded in 1962 to become the Dar es Salaam Technical College (DTC); the first formal technical training institution in the country.
Part of the responsibilities of DTC at the time of its inception was to train technicians under the London City and Guilds Training Programme. In order to enhance its contribution to the national capacity building in technical manpower, the College in 1964 introduced two and a half year Ordinary Technician Diploma (OTD) programmes in Civil, Electrical, Telecommunications and Mechanical Engineering. These were later upgraded into three year Full Technician Certificate (FTC) courses in 1970/1.
Concurrently with that move, the College also introduced Diploma in Engineering (DE) programmes in the four traditional engineering disciplines to provide post-FTC technical training. Courses for Laboratory Technology and Diploma in Technical Education (DTE) were also introduced.
The position of DTC in the provision of higher technical education was consolidated in 1991 when the corresponding Advanced Diploma in Engineering (ADE) programmes replaced the Diploma in Engineering (DE) courses. Today, DE and ADE graduates can be found in almost all engineering firms/institutions and positive feedback is available from the respective employers to indicate their overall good performance.
These achievements however, needed to be complemented with some more proactive Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology- PROSPECTUS 2011/2012 plan to cope with the new developments in the country and worldwide. The current political and economic trends, as well as the new technological changes have increased competition in the demand for, and supply of quality products including technical education and services. Under such a competitive environment, the leading position of DTC in the provision of higher technical education could not be sustained for long, with its old set-up and mission.
A new institution was therefore necessary to replace the Dar es Salaam Technical College; the institution that can effectively address the current technological developments, provide competitive academic outputs in terms of quality technical training, applied research and expertise services to the community. The Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology was therefore established in 1997 to realise that aspiration, as guided by its vision and mission.
DIT is a fully accredited institution by the National Council for Technical Education (NACTE). It offers a wide range of full-time, part-time and professional engineering qualifications and courses. The Institute has replaced the FTC and ADE programmes with Ordinary Diploma and Bachelor of Engineering programmes respectively (i.e National Technical Awards (NTA ) Level 4-8) in line with the NACTE competence based modular training system.
|Institute Name:||Dar Es Salaam Institute of Technology|
|Registration Status:||Full Registered Institute||Establishment Date:||01-Jan-2000|
|Registration Date:||21-May-2002||Accreditation Status:||Accredited|
|Ownership:||Government||Region:||Dar es Salaam|
|District:||Ilala Municipal Council||Fixed Phone||255|
|Phone:||0755458957||Address:||P. O. BOX 2958 DAR ES SALAAM|
|Email Address:||firstname.lastname@example.org||Web Address:||http://www.dit.ac.tz|
Dar es salaam institute of technology Latest Admission Updates & Highlights
If you are applying to Dar es salaam institute of technology, here are some of the most useful information that you need to Know about Dar es salaam institute of technology, Check full details below
For more information and inquiries, you can contact the Dar es salaam institute of technology by visiting the official website: https://www.dit.ac.tz/
Leave a Reply