Position: Country People Lead
Job Band: V
Reporting to: Country Director
Location: Dar es Salaam
Terms: Full Time
The Country People Lead is responsible for driving People strategies for the organization, shaping and driving the people agenda within the Country site teams. They have specific responsibility for coaching and working with line management to implement and manage the people cycle, delivering all the key people processes and priorities in the country. The People Lead is responsible of managing quality-assure world-class People approaches; whilst ensuring the interests and welfare of the business and employees are addressed, to create and sustain the Dream People Culture principles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic guidance to Tanzania leadership on people matters and ensure alignment of people strategy with business strategy
- Manage the people function in the business unit, focusing on talent attraction, Induction & onboarding, people cycle, internal communications, learning & development needs, employee engagement, employee relations and performance package management. This is delivered by providing context and requirements from the organization to the respective NoEs to ensure these can be translated in People strategies and programs
- Contribute to Tanzania 1 year plan and 3-year plan by delivering on the requirements as detailed in the plans.
- Build People capability and credibility through robust development and coaching.
- Embed the People Cycle across all functions
- Manage the talent processes to support the current and future development and deployment needs of Tanzania
- Ensure that all relevant legislative diversity requirements are met, and support is provided to functional leaders around the diversity agenda.
- Support the annual target-setting processes, ensuring an aligned collective effort focused on strategic priorities
- Work with the leadership teams to assess the learning needs in Tanzania required to deliver the business strategy
- Together with the local talent and learning & development teams, develop and implement a strategy to [a] build strong recruitment programs to attract talent and (b) grow and develop talent (c) drive high employee engagement in Tanzania
- Manage reward and compensation in Tanzania in line with reward strategy guidelines.
- Ensure Industrial Relations policies and practices are understood and employed by all.
- Own the Industrial Relations and Employee Relations agenda (including Supply and Logistics) in the country and drive alignment on IR-related topics between Sales, Support, Supply and Logistics
- Validate and sign off the final collective labour agreement and any other labour subject with legal implication in co-decision with other stakeholder s where applicable
- Regularly track performance of the People function in the organization unit and escalate risks as required
- Trusted advisor to the country leadership team contributing to the strategy and plans of Tanzania.
- Consolidate and analyze talent data and work with line function leaders to ensure that this data is used to inform talent planning
- Plan, monitor, and track the people package spend for Tanzania – both sensitive and non-sensitive
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years of working experience within/across functions, with at least 3 years in a management role
- Degree level qualification or equivalent, MBA preferred
- Experience in managing managers (ideally), with demonstrated skills in building anchoring, and developing great talent.
- Knowledge of local labor legislation and experience in labour relations is required
- Demonstrated experience in managing the People processes related to the end-to-end employee life cycle
- Track record of building excellent relationships and credibility with senior business leaders based on solid commercial acumen and ability to identify customer needs and deliver defined solutions
- A track record of building People capability and shaping culture and leadership behaviors.
- Proven experience in solving strategic business problems with pragmatic solutions.
- A bias for action, speed, and a track record of delivering in a resourceful manner is essential.
- Ability to manage confidentiality
- High levels of integrity
- Personal and career maturity to guide and coach senior leaders and managers comfortably.
- Strong communication, engagement, and interpersonal skills – delivering impactful messages and influencing outcomes
- Knowledge of the People function
- Business analytics and insights
- Agile ways of working
- Highly numerate/analytical
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer, and all appointments will be made in line with AB InBev’s employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality.
- Kindly attach your CV in PDF format
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Apply through email@example.com
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than (23rd February 2023).
Leave a Reply