Dar es Salaam
Dar es Salaam Community Bank (DCB), whose official name is DCB Commercial Bank, but is commonly called DCB Bank, is a commercial bank in Tanzania.
DCB Commercial Bank Plc is a fully-fledged retail and commercial bank in Tanzania. The bank offers banking services to Individuals, Microfinance, Small to Medium sized Businesses (MSME), as well as large corporate clients. DCB Bank has a wide branch network of over 8 branches, over 1000 DCB Wakala Agents, and over 280 Umoja switch ATMs serving over 3 million customers across the country. The bank has experience of over two decades and it is the first bank to be listed on the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange (DSE).
We invite suitably qualified candidates to fill the positions of Bank Clearing Officer, where the successful candidate will be expected to add value and expertise to help drive the continued growth of the bank. The ideal candidate should possess skills in handling TACH clearing activities, processing transactions and reconciliations.
- Processing cheques and other financial instruments for clearance and settlement while verifying and reconciling daily transactions and account balances.
- Processing and settling interbank transactions including cheques clearing, find transfer, float and other payment instruments.
- Checking and verifying the authenticity of payment instruments, including verifying signatures, checking endorsements and validating payment instructions.
- Resolving any discrepancies or errors that may arise during the clearing and settlement process.
- Providing excellent customer service to clients and responding to their inquiries and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Identifying and implementing process improvements to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of clearing operations while ensuring compliance with regulatory and internal policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Banking and related fields.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a bank or financial institution with focus on clearing and settlement operations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in using MS Excel, databases (TACH) and banking systems (Power BI).
If you are a highly motivated and skilled individual looking to grow your career, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Please submit your application with a detailed CV, photocopies of academic certificate, and names of three referees with their contacts, quoting reference number DCB-OPS-03-01/2023 on the subject of the email.
To be considered, applications MUST be submitted through firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 30th March 2023. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.