- 1 Full Time Tanzania January 29, 2023 Banking Jobs
Full Time Tanzania January 29, 2023 Banking Jobs
Audit Manager – Financial and Regulatory Reporting
Dar es Salaam
The purpose of the job is to be responsible for assuring the Bank on the financial and regulatory reporting aspects S/he deploys specialized knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and the Regulatory Reporting Framework to provide the assurance.
- Prepare and document audit methodology for audit of quarterly financial statements for publication, end-of-year financial statements, management accounts, and regulatory reports.
- Manage audit of the financial statements to ensure that they comply with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) and Bank of Tanzania regulations
- Review quarterly impairment assessments to ascertain whether assumptions are appropriate and the inputs in the impairment model are accurate, and the results thereof are accurate and in compliance with IFRS9 requirements.
- Review provision for loan losses to ensure it is adequate and comply with Bank of Tanzania regulations i.e. The
- Banking and Financial Institutions (Management of Risk Assets) Regulations 2014.
- Champion the correct interpretation and use of IFRSs in financial reporting. Provide guidance, share knowledge and provide training to audit staff on IFRS updates and contemporary issues around financial reporting standards.
- Develop and maintain a database of regulatory reporting requirements, prepare, document, and execute compliance audit test procedures regularly.
- Develop, maintain and update risk register around financial and regulatory reporting space and ensure that controls are in place to manage the risks identified.
- Follow up and provide status reports on actions taken by management to resolve issues raised by assurance providers.
- Assess financial reporting risks and ensure that controls are in place to manage the risks identified.
- Prepare reports for management and the Audit Committee on matters related to financial and regulatory reporting.
- Coordinate and manage engagement with the Bank of Tanzania, External Auditors, and other assurance providers for all matters related to financial and regulatory reporting.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Internal Audit and/or Senior Manager Credit and Regulatory Reporting.
Supervision and Support Functions:
- Champion the correct interpretation and use of IFRSs in financial reporting.
- Provide guidance, share knowledge and provide training to audit staff on IFRS updates and contemporary issues around financial reporting standards.
- Provide support, advice, and guidance to auditors to ensure the effective performance of tasks assigned to them to achieve DIA performance goals.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Banking, commerce, or related business subjects, from any recognized University or its equivalent qualifications
- Certification for Information System Audit (CISA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Public Accountant (CPA/ ACCA).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the financial and regulatory reporting aspects
- Experience in the interpretation and use of IFRSs in financial reporting
- Practical experience and competency in the use of audit tools in particular Teammate, ACL, and proficiency in Excel application
- Good knowledge of Bank of Tanzania Regulations and best Banking practices.
- Analytical. Interpersonal, team-leading, and strong audit report writing skills
Leave a Reply