JOB ADVERT – WINDER ELECTRICIAN (02 VACANCIES)
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Winder Electrician to join our team. The successful candidate for this position will ensure activities in the Shaft Engineering Department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Shaft E & I Supervisor
- Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings;
- Wear the appropriate PPE for the task at hand;
- Assist and conduct incident/accident investigations;
- Comply with Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Knowledge of main consumer substations, overhead power lines, main compressors, refrigeration plants, main ventilation fans, winders and shaft operations, emergency power generators, high and low voltage installations and reticulation diagrams for underground and surface operations.
- Knowledge of operating and switching for 220KV to 6.6KV
- Overhaul electrical equipment in accordance with set company policies and procedures.
- To Complete required testing and safety checks on electric drills.
- Ability to Generate Power with CAT generators
- Attend breakdowns and complete necessary fault-finding.
- Under the direction of the supervisor, provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to less experienced personnel.
- Implementation and execution of all tasks and instructions as instructed by superiors
- Install and maintain of all winders and shaft equipment to reduce unplanned maintenance and optimize availability.
- Overhaul winders and shaft equipment in accordance with set company policies and procedures.
- Carry out defined and necessary checks on winders and shaft equipment.
- Complete modifications to winders and shaft equipment in accordance with specified instructions.
- Diploma/FTC/Bachelor in Electrical Engineering
- Ordinary/Advanced level certificate – Form IV/VI
- Tanzanian Valid Driving License
- High voltage certificate
- Must have a minimum of 2 Years’ experience in high Voltage Switching (6.6KV ,11KV and 220KV )
- Must have a minimum of 3 Years’ experience on Winder as electrician
- Emergence Power Generation experience is added advantage
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English and Swahili, both writing and verbal
- Computer literate in Microsoft Package Applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- PLC Knowledge is added advantage