- 1 About University of Arusha
- 2 University of Arusha UOA Selected applicants 2022/2023 pdf
- 3 University of Arusha UOA Semester Time Table 2022/2023
- 4 University of Arusha UOA Results 2022 – OSIM UOA Results 2022
- 5 UOA courses 2022
- 6 University of Arusha UOA Prospectus 2022/2023
- 7 UOA Online application 2022/2023
- 8 UOA OSIM login – University of Arusha Student Information System – UOA login account
- 9 University of Arusha (UOA) Contacts
- 10 University of Arusha (UOA) Announcements and Latest Admission News & Notifications
- 11 University of Arusha (UOA) Entry requirements 2021/2022
- 12 University of Arusha UOA joining instructions 2021/2022
- 13 University of Arusha UOA second selection 2021/2022
- 14 University of Arusha UOA Applicants with Multiple selection 2021/2022
- 15 How to confirm University of Arusha UOA admission
- 16 University of Arusha (UOA) fee structure 2021/2022
About University of Arusha
University of Arusha (UoA) is a chartered private Christian university based in Usa River, Tanzania. It is owned and operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church. It is a part of the Seventh-day Adventist education system, the world’s second largest Christian school system
In 1970, the Tanzania Union Mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church found it necessary to establish a ministerial training institution for its workers. It was located at Ikizu, 65 kilometers southeast of Musoma town. In 1975, the Tanzania Union Mission combined the Adventist School of Health Evangelism (ASHE) at Heri Hospital in Kigoma and the ministerial course at Ikizu. This consolidated institution was then transferred to a new site at Usa River, 24 kilometers from Arusha town, and was named Arusha Adventist Seminary (AAS).
In 1978, AAS was upgraded to a college status and named Tanzania Adventist Seminary and College (TASC). In 1992, the name was changed to Tanzania Adventist College (TAC) and the ministerial course was replaced by a two-year diploma program in theology. In 1996, TAC was affiliated to Griggs University in the USA. Under this affiliation, TAC offered BA in Theology and Religion. In 1998, the affiliation shifted from Griggs University to the University of Eastern Africa, Baraton (UEAB) in Kenya. Under this affiliation, TAC offered BA in theology and reli- gion, BBA in accounting and management and diploma courses in education and business. Apart from the affiliation with UEAB, TAC was also a teachers‘ college under the then Ministry of Education and Culture (MEC). Under the MEC Registration Number S. 401, it offered diploma in education, diploma in secretarial science, and certificate in secretarial science.
In early 2003, TAC began the process of being a university. In September 2003, it was granted a Letter of Interim Authority (LIA) by the then Higher Education Accreditation Council (HEAC) of Tanzania, now called the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU). Under the LIA, TAC was authorized to carry the name the University of Arusha. In September 2004, HEAC granted the University of Arusha (UoA) a certificate of Provisional Registration No. 016. In the year 2006, the University of Arusha became fully licensed and accredited by Tanzania Commission for Universities as a graduate university. In 2009, the University of Arusha submitted the first four graduate programs to the TCU for accreditation in education and business.
The Graduate School with its programs in business and education started in November 2010 in Arusha City. Under the School of Education, the following concentrations are offered: (a) MA in educational management and (b) MA in curriculum and instruction. The faculty of business also offers three areas of concentration, and they are as follows: (a) MBA in finance and accounting, (b) MBA in strategic marketing and entrepreneurship, and (c) MBA in strategic human resource.
University of Arusha (UOA) admissions – University of Arusha (UOA) news
For more details, you can visit the University of Arusha Website Here https://uoa.ac.tz/