- 1 About AbdulRahman Al-Sumait University
- 2 AbdulRahman Al-Sumait University SUMAIT Semester Time Table 2022/2023
- 3 SUMAIT Result 2022 – STAR SUMAIT Results 2022
- 4 AbdulRahman Al-Sumait University offered courses 2023
- 5 AbdulRahman Al-Sumait University SUMAIT Prospectus 2023/2024 pdf
- 6 SUMAIT Online application 2023/2024 – AbdulRahman Al-Sumait University application
- 7 SUMAIT Examination Time Table 2023
- 8 SUMAIT SARIS Login account
- 9 AbdulRahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT) Contacts
- 10 AbdulRahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT) Announcements and Latest Admission News & Notifications
- 11 AbdulRahman Al-Sumait University almanac 2021/2022 – Academic Calendar 2021/2022
- 12 AbdulRahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT) Entry requirements 2021/2022
- 13 AbdulRahman Al-Sumait University SUMAIT joining instructions 2021/2022
- 14 AbdulRahman Al-Sumait University SUMAIT second selection 2022/2023
- 15 AbdulRahman Al-Sumait University SUMAIT Applicants with Multiple selection 2021/2022
- 16 How to confirm AbdulRahman Al-Sumait University SUMAIT admission
- 17 AbdulRahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT) fee structure 2021/2022
- 18 Abdulrahman al- sumait university courses, fee structure, admissions, contacts
- 19 SUMAIT Selected applicants 2023/2024 pdf
About AbdulRahman Al-Sumait University
Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT University) is built on the foundation of the former University College of Education Zanzibar (UCEZ), established in 1998 by a Kuwait based charity
organization, the Africa Muslims Agency (AMA/Direct Aid) founded in 1981.
Thus, the owner of the University is AMA/Direct Aid and it is a product of its founder, Dr. Abdulrahman Hamoud Al-Sumait (1947-2013), an accomplished physician, philanthropist, educator, researcher, author, pioneer and AMA founding member from whom the University bears its name.
The University is located at Chukwani on the Islands of Zanzibar in the United Republic of Tanzania, about 5.5 kilometres from the seaport of the Zanzibar Old Stone Town, 2.5 kilometres from Abeid
Karume International Airport and just 150 metres away from the West Coast of the Indian Ocean.
The University occupies an area of 120,000 square metres granted by the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar. It is charmed by beautiful green scenery of trees and fragrance of blooming flowers.
SUMAIT University is recognized by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) which approved it as a private University on 14th May 2014 at its 63rd Meeting held on 27th March, 2014.
According to the TCU rules, all registered students prior to the award of University upgrading status continued to graduate at the Khartoum based International University of Africa (IUA). Students
who registered during the 2014/2015 academic year will graduate from SUMAIT University beginning 2017.
SUMAIT University promotes morality, modesty, gender equality and Islamic Culture in shaping the individual life and developing the human resources for nation building. It advances knowledge,
education, learning, research and community participation.
The University is proud of its national and internationally recruited academic staff from United Kingdom, India, Kenya, Sudan, Uganda, Zambia, Egypt, Mali and Somalia. The current student population
comprises of Tanzanians and a good proportion of International Students. The University welcomes students from Tanzania and
abroad to pursue their academic and professional goals while enjoying a peaceful value-based environment. The student population is obviously a mixture of international
breeding from Tanzania mainland, Zanzibar (Unguja & Pemba Island), Malawi, Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, Sudan, Comoros, Yemen and Egypt. It is indeed conspicuous that the University vision,
mission and objectives are towards global competitiveness; thus placing itself in optimistic horizon and propels towards academic excellence.
SUMAIT University has four faculties namely: Faculty of Education, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Arts and Social Studies and Faculty of Shariah and Islamic Studies.
Apart from these faculties, SUMAIT University has two Centers: The Centre for Research, Publication and Consultancy (CRPC); The Centre for Continuing Education which offers certificates and diplomas at NTA 4,5 and 6 levels recognized by NACTE and TCU.
Reading and Research are facilitated through the University Library which enchants about 13,000 volumes of books, subscribed journals and periodicals, in addition to the membership of COTUL and other learning bodies providing e-resources. Its reference section is noteworthy. The University Library has established E-Library services with more than 50 computers.
We welcome all students from Tanzania and abroad to SUMAIT University to develop professional carrier and enjoy the peaceful value based environment.
AbdulRahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT) admissions – AbdulRahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT) news
For more details, you can visit the AbdulRahman Al-Sumait University Website Here https://sumait.ac.tz/
Leave a Reply