About Abdulrahman al- sumait university
The Abdulrahman Al-Sumait Memorial University (SUMAIT University) was built on the foundation of the former University College of Education Zanzibar (UCEZ) established in 1998 by a charity organization, Kuwait based Africa Muslims Agency (AMA/Direct Aid) founded in 1981.
Thus, the University is the product of its founder, Dr. Abdulrahman Hamoud Al-Sumait (1947-2013), an accomplished physician, philanthropist, educator, researcher, author, pioneer and AMA founding member from whom the university bears its name.
The University is located at Chukwani, on the Island of Zanzibar in the United Republic of Tanzania about 5.5 kilometres from the seaport of the old Stone Town, 2.5 kilometres from Abeid Karume International Airport and just 150 metres away from the west coast of the Indian Ocean.
The University occupies an area of 120,000 square metres granted by the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar. It is charmed by beautiful green scenery of exotic trees and fragrance of blooming flowers. SUMAIT University was approved as a private University by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) on 14th May 2014 at its 63rd Meeting held on 27th March, 2014.
According to the TCU rules, all registered students prior to the award of university upgrading status continued to graduate at the Khartoum based International University of Africa. Students who registered during the 2014/2015 academic year will graduate from SUMAIT University beginning 2017.
SUMAIT University is a moderate progressive Higher Learning Institution which promotes morality, modesty, gender equality and Islamic Culture in shaping the individual life and developing the human resources for nation building. It advances knowledge, education, learning, research and community participation.
The University is proud of its national and internationally recruited academic staff with student population a mixture of international breeding from Tanzania and Africa at large. It is indeed conspicuous that the University vision, mission and objectives are towards global competitiveness; thus placing itself in optimistic horizon and propels towards academic excellence. We welcome all students from Tanzania and abroad to SUMAIT University to develop professional carrier and enjoy the peaceful value based environment.
Abdulrahman al- sumait university Admission information
|Institute Name:||ABDULRAHMAN AL- SUMAIT UNIVERSITY|
|Registration Status:||UN Registered Institute||Establishment Date:||01-Sep-2014|
|Registration Date:||19-Sep-2014||Accreditation Status:||Not Accredited|
|District:||Magharibi District||Fixed Phone||+255242234102|
|Phone:||+255242234102||Address:||P. O. BOX 1933 ZANZIBAR|
|Email Address:||[email protected]||Web Address:||www.sumaituniversity.ac.tz|
Abdulrahman al- sumait university Courses
DIPLOMA (NTA LEVEL 5-6)
- 1. Information Technology (without Education)2. English and Kiswahili3. English and Arabic
4. English and History
5. English and Islamic Studies
6. English and Geography
7. Arabic and Islamic Studies
8. Islamic Studies and Kiswahili
9. Early Childhood
How To Apply at Abdulrahman al- sumait university
Applying to Abdulrahman al- sumait university is very easy. The information below will serve as a guide in the application process. Both Tanzanian Students and International Students can apply
Abdulrahman al- sumait university application is made offline / online and the forms delivered to the institution in person or online. Use the following guide to declare your candidature successfully:
- Download the forms: Switch on your data connection and navigate to Abdulrahman al- sumait university website through the new student address. Download the relevant application documents and move to the next step.
- Provide your details:Fill in your name, phone number, email, and address details.
- Indicate the course you wish to undertake: Tick or write down the programme you want to enrol.
- Fill in your education qualifications:Make sure they are correct as you have to provide the original certificates as evidence to support your claims.
- Indicate who will be paying your school fees.
- Agree to terms and conditions: Write your full name in the space provided. Don’t forget to sign it off.
- Attachments:You will be required to attach the following:
- CSEE result slip/certificate
- Leaving certificate
- National ID/passport copy
- Two coloured passport photos
- Application form fee receipt of
Submit your application: Drop your duly filled forms to the institution.
Applying to Abdulrahman al- sumait university using online application system click here
Abdulrahman al- sumait university Fee structure
The amount payable varies according to the course you will take. Self-sponsored and government-sponsored students also pay differently. Here is a breakdown of how much you will be required to clear each semester. Note that the figures might change in future academic years.
Abdulrahman al- sumait university Contacts Details
- P.O. Box 1933 Zanzibar, Tanzania
- TELEPHONE+255 (0) 24 223 4101
- EMAIL[email protected]
For more information and inquiries, you can contact the Abdulrahman al- sumait university by visiting the official website : sumait.ac.tz
Am sure this post helps you with what you need about the Abdulrahman al- sumait university courses, fee structure, admissions, contacts. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media below.