The Zanzibar University (ZU) uses online application system (OAS) to receive and process applications for admission in to various ZU programmes. The ZU online application System is linked with Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) admission system, National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) and National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) for degrees, certificates and Diploma verification.
ZU Online application is an online database system created and designed by ZU IT department that automate the collection, tabulation and reporting of applicant information to simplify college admission and application process at ZU. The Online application system requires the user/Applicant to have a computer that is connected to the internet enable the user/applicant to access the online application System and make application instantly.
Before using ZU, online application system makes sure one of the following Web Browsers have been installed on your device: Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer version 7.0 and above, and Mozilla Firefox 3.5 and above.
GENERAL APPLICATION PROCEDURES
- Application forms for all programmes can be downloaded from the University’s website http://www.zanvarsity.ac.tz or obtained from the Admissions Office (for non-degree and undergraduate) and the office of Postgraduate Studies and Research (for postgraduate) prospective applicants.
- The forms, duly filled, must be returned to the office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and the office of Postgraduate Studies and Research on the dates specified by senate
- Postgraduate applicants must each submit two letters of referees
- The academic year begins in October and ends in September of the following year. During the registration, documents are thoroughly checked. Prospective students are therefore required to bring with them official original transcripts, certificates and other relevant documents as declared on the application forms. Legal action shall be taken against any applicant who presents forged documents.
- No change of names by students shall be allowed during the registration or the course of study; students shall only be allowed to use names appearing on their Ordinary Level Certificate.
- A non-refundable application fee of TZS 25,000/- for Tanzanian students and US$ 20 for non-Tanzanian students will be paid for undergraduate applicants. For postgraduate, application fees will be TZS 50,000/- and US$ 20 for Tanzanians and non-Tanzanians respectively.
- Non-degree programme applicants shall pay a non-refundable application fee of TZS 25,000/-.
How to Apply for Admission at the Zanzibar University
The long-awaited application forms for the Zanzibar University (ZU) are finally online. Interested candidates can now access these digital forms in preparation for their 2021/2022 admissions. The institution welcomes all qualified candidates to enroll for the different undergraduate programs while the portal is still open.
The candidates ZU know that, the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) has already declared the minimum entry requirements for admissions as well as the application procedure for the 2021/2022 academic year at Zanzibar University (ZU). Surprisingly, many potential applicants are still experiencing hardships with ZU online application system even as the deadline approaches soon.
For the November 2020 intake, one is required to submit an application before the deadline. Here are the important things to consider, for one to apply online VIA Zanzibar University (ZU) Online application system.
- Choose a study program you want to study
- Make sure you meet all minimum requirements
- Go to the ZU online application System http://www.zu.ac.tz/index.php/registration
Applying Via ZU online application System
First things first, confirm that you have all the documents that are required by the institution. Remember that your application will be turned down automatically in the event that you accidentally fail to present all the necessary documents. You can now submit your application at the ZU portal using the following procedure.
- Start your application by creating a personal account with ZU Admission portal before selecting a course and submitting your form. Ensure you meet ZU application requirements, which are:
- A valid email address
- An active phone number
- Payment receipt number
- Next is the ZU new registration and ZU login process. If you are already registered at the ZU -admission portal, you can now proceed with your application by first logging into the website. Provide your username, password.
New applicants can also create their profile on the system by accessing the institution portal. The page is responsive and will have you answer interactive prompts as you build up your profile. After registering and successfully logging in, you will need to clear a non-refundable registration fee.