This Page is informing the current Tanzania Institute of Accountancy (TIA) Admission Entry requirements 2021/2022 academic session. See the TIA Entry requirements – sifa za kujiunga na TIA for all Courses and Programmes
What are TIA entry requirements?
TIA Entry requirements are formal criteria you must meet in order to be considered for a degree course you’re applying to at the Tanzania Institute of Accountancy (TIA).
These criteria are set by the Tanzania Institute of Accountancy, to determine whether you’re capable of meeting its objectives. This is based on relevant or similar skills, knowledge and ability you’ve demonstrated in previous qualifications, exams and assessments – see below the full list of entry requirements you might need to meet, for a given course at the Tanzania Institute of Accountancy (TIA).
The following is the Tanzania Institute of Accountancy Entry requirements, every prospective student at the Tanzania Institute of Accountancy is recommended to read the Entry requirements before applying for Admission to any academic programme available at TIA for the 2021/2022 Academic Year.
Minimum entry requirements for certificate programmes
At least four (4) passes (grade “D” or above) at certificate of secondary Education (CSEE) excluding religious subjects OR National Vocational Award LEVEL 2 accompanied with at least two passes at Ordinary
Certificate of Secondary Education
Minimum entry requirements for diploma programmes
- Basic Technician Certificate in related programmes accompanied with at least four passes at Certificate of Secondary Education (CSEE) excluding religious subjects.
- Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education (ACSEE) with at least one principal pass and one subsidiary in relevant subjects excluding Religious subjects.
- National Vocational Awards (NVA) level 3 accompanied with at least two passes at Certificate of Secondary Education (CSEE) excluding Religious subjects
Minimum Entry Requirements for Degree Programmes
FORM SIX QUALIFICATIONS
- Two principal passes with total of 4.0 points from two subjects where A=5,B=4, C=3,D=2, E= 1 (For candidates who completed form six before2014 and from 2016 onwards)
- Two principal passes with a total of 4.0 points from two subjects where A=5, B+=4, B=3, C=2,D=1 (For candidates who completed form six in 2014 and 2015)
- Form six applicants applying for Bachelor of Accountancy, Public Sector Accounting and Finance and Procurement and Logistics Management should have passed mathematics at either O-Level or A- Level. Religious subjects are not considered.
- Ordinary Diploma (NTA Level 6) with at least a GPA of 3.0,
- Average of B grade for Diploma in Teacher Education,
- Upper Second Class for classified non NTA diplomas,
- A Distinction for unclassified diplomas,
- Average of B grade for health related awards such as Clinical Medicine and
- Average of C for full Technician Certificate (FTC) where A=5, B=4,C=3 and D=2.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Qualification with B+ Grade where A=75-100, B+=65-74,B=50-64, 40-49,D=35-39, F=0-38
- Additionally the above qualifications should be accompanied with at least four OLevel passes (Ds and above) or NVA LEVEL II/III with at least two passes at OLevel.
- Relevance of equivalent qualifications will be evaluated by the institute. Religious
subjects are not considered.
Post Graduate Programmes Minimum entry requirements:
Bachelor or Advanced Diploma in Accounting or Procurement from any reputable
institution or Any relevant degree programme
Intermediate stage of CPA/CPSP or NBAA’s CPA or PSPTB’s CPSP
For more details about TIA entry requirements read TCU admission guidebook 2021/2022