Position: Warehouse Officer, based in Dar es salaam, TanzaniaAbout WATU:WATU is a focus-driven, customer-centric company that believes everyone deserves the opportunity to be an entrepreneur and achieve their ambitious goals in life.As Africa’s fastest growing Asset Finance Company, we see the continent’s bright and prosperous future and want to be part of making it a reality.Our vision is to provide asset financing for motorcycles and three-wheelers to those who understand when provided with the right tools can fulfil their dreams and the needs of their families and community.We Empower Entrepreneurs by providing the means needed to move and improve lives.Our business is growing rapidly, and with more than 10,000+ customers in Tanzania, we are looking for an enthusiastic warehouse Officer in Dar es Salaam. Solely doers who are ready to roll up their sleeves and with their hard work and dedication create the impact needed in our communities.Do you want to become a part of our ambitious and creative team of smart individuals and make a difference and you have what it takes? Then read on and apply for this exciting opportunity!As a warehouse Officer, you will be responsible for overseeing all the activities in the Go down such as storage, dispatching of motorbikes and ensure total compliance to policies and procedures of Watu.A successful Warehouse Officer is expected to adapt to the fast-paced culture of both the company, the market and the customers we serve.Our customers are entrepreneurs. As a company, we are committed to aiding them in achieving their financial goals. It is imperative that the Warehouse Officer be engaged with the community they serve and committed equally to our customer’s and company’s goals.
- Ensure the Go down operates at peak efficiency, and report all cases of discrepancies.
- Ensure equipment utilization, inventory management, gate processes are in place.
- Ensure that all doors are doubly locked, windows have security steel grills, attractive and valuable items are well secured, security Guards and lights are always operational, control access into the warehouse.
- Implement go down operations systems provided by the Operations Control Manager.
- Oversee daily operations, while controlling and managing inventory and transits in and out of the
- Make sure you always uphold professional standards especially in difficult and stressful situations.
- Report all warehouse incidences, ensure materials are properly handled, First Aid kits are fully stocked, monitor functionality, and serve schedule of fire extinguishers, ensure to use personal protective equipment in the warehouse.
- Plan and lead the Go-down team effectively and efficiently – Plan daily, weekly and monthly activities
- Ensure that the branch follows safety, health and business laws and regulations.
- Fraud Prevention and Management.
- Performing any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
- Ensuring harmonious working environment in the go-down.
- Supervision and control of sales in the Godown, ensuring daily targets are met.
- Assessments for all bikes put on sale to be done the same day
- Supervise daily activities of the godown, including quality assurance, inventory control, internal
- transits and customer service.
- Schedule and oversee the godown team to meet the demands of the godown, and manage the flow
- and quality of work to maximize efficiency.
- Inspect equipment, tools, and machinery regularly, and oversee general maintenance as needed.
- Meet regularly with line managers to review, analyze, and develop actionable plans for productivity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Excellent communication, Planning and organizational skills
- Integrity, enthusiasm and passion for continuous learning and development
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work harmoniously in an organization with diverse business operations
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities, able to effectively deal with people at all levels inside and outside of the Company
- High attention to detail and internal control
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working experience in a Warehouse is an added advantage.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Be a part of an international, dynamic and driven team that has set their aspirations high and work hard to achieve those
- Opportunities to learn and grow together with us
- Competitive compensation package
- Health benefits
Do you see yourself being part of the WATU team? Then please apply with your CV and a cover letter, we are looking forward to working with you!