Apply to the Vaal University of Technology (VUT)
Vaal University of Technology is one of the best Universities in South Africa, so a good application is a fundamental part of the competitive admissions process. Luckily, completing an application is simple thanks to the use of standardized online applications. Both undergraduates and graduates need to supply information Such as transcripts and recommendation letters by the application deadline. With any luck, you may get to Vaal University of Technology.
Applying for Admission to Vaal University of Technology
How to Apply!: Undergraduate application
All prospective students are to ensure that VUT offers the programme they are interested in and meet the minimum entry requirements for admission. All applicants will be selected on merit by the faculty concerned and such selection may include selection and / or placement tests.
Applications for undergraduate courses close at the end of September each year.
Applicants can apply using the application form or apply online. First, you have to make sure that you meet the admission requirements of the programme of your choice.
- Application Fee Payment
NB: In the case of applications submitted by mail, payments will be accepted by bank deposit only. Use your ID number as the reference. Postal orders or bank guaranteed cheques must be made out to the Vaal University of Technology. No cash should accompany your application form.
The fee changes annually so please consult the admissions office +27 (0)16 950 9356 to determine the correct amount.
Account Number: 530 861 945
Branch Code: 632005
- Download Forms
How to Apply! : Postgraduate Applications Masters Doctoral Degrees
If you wish to apply for admission to a higher degree at VUT Research;
Check the entry requirements to find out if you are academically qualified to apply for a higher degree. Identify available Higher Degrees and research areas available at VUT.
VUT Application form:
Application forms can be downloaded here or collected from the Higher Degrees Unit.
- NEW APPLICATION FOR MASTERS DEGREE ADMISSION 2020
- NEW APPLICATION FOR DOCTORAL DEGREE ADMISSION 2020
- Memorandum of agreement for postgraduate supervision
- 2019 Re-Registration Application
- 2019 Second Semester Doctoral Application Form
Complete application form.
If you require assistance identifying and obtaining agreement from potential supervisors, need clarification of a research topic, and/or require confirmation that you meet the entry criteria for admission to your nominated research degree, then you should complete an application form for admission to a higher degree. You are required to provide a research proposal with your application, indicating the nature of the research you wish to undertake. You are encouraged to consult with academics at the University in your chosen discipline prior to lodging your application.
If you have obtained agreement from an academic to supervise your proposed research and your academic qualifications meet the entry criteria for admission to your nominated research degree, you should complete an application form. Attach all certificates and documents to your application form. Photocopies must be certified as being a true copy of the original. Originals must be produced before actual registration. You can submit your submission form by fax, email, post or hand delivery
3. Review Process
The assessment of your application.
Your application will be assessed initially by the Higher Degrees Unit and then sent to the relevant Faculty. The Faculty will consider whether you are appropriately qualified to enter the program, that suitable supervisors are available for the duration of the candidature, that sufficient resources are available to support the candidature, and if there are any conditions to be placed on the candidature such as enrollment in prescribed courses.
4. Success ; You will be welcomed into a thriving student-led learning environment.
If your application is successful you will receive an offer letter which will include any conditions that have been placed on you candidature. The letter will outline your program, supervisory arrangements and any other details relevant to the offer and your initial enrolment. The offer may be provisional if verification of documents or claims is required.
General Admission Requirements
The minimum entrance requirements for admission to studies at the Vaal University of Technology is a Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification. A pass mark is required in at least one of the languages of instruction (English) of the University at Higher Grade (HG) or Standard Grade (SG).
If an applicant offers an N3 qualification as an entrance requirement, it should comprise at least four subjects, plus pass marks in two official languages (of which one must be English), at least at Senior Certificate level (SG).
Additional requirements are specified for each course/ instructional programme. Prospective students must please note that in the faculties of Engineering, Applied and Computer Sciences the minimum required symbol for Mathematics, Physical Science, and in certain cases English, are HG (E) or SG(C).
In the other Faculties and pending the course you want to enroll for, the average recommended subjects are: Accounting, Business Economics, Economics, Mathematics, Typing, Biology, Home Economics, Art, Physical Science, Clothing and Needlework.
Degree courses: Admission requirements regarding post diploma and degree studies are available on request.
All applications will be selected on merit by the department concerned. A candidate who is at least 23 years of age may apply for conditional admission.
The Candidate’s application must be accompanied by the following:
- Certificate stating formal qualifications.
- Recommendation from the applicant’s employer stating that he/she has the necessary experience and communication abilities to complete the proposed instructional programme successfully.
- If an application is conditionally approved, the candidate shall only be admitted to the second semester/year of study, provided that the full first year/semester course has been completed successfully.
SEE MORE ADMISSION NEWS
- Vaal University of Technology (VUT) – Vaal Triangle Technikon
- Tshwane university of technology prospectus(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Call for proposals for competitive research and innovation grants for year 2019_2020
- University of Cape Town online application
- Durban university of technology online application
- Rhodes university online application 2020
- North-West University Prospectus
- University of the free state Prospectus
- University of western cape online application
- University of the western cape Prospectus
- University of South Africa Prospectus
- University of Limpopo Prospectus
- University of zululand Prospectus