Apply to the University of kwazulu-natal (UKZN)
University of kwazulu-natal is one of the best Universities in South Africa, so a good application is a fundamental part of the competitive admissions process. Luckily, completing an application is simple thanks to the use of standardized online applications. Both undergraduates and graduates need to supply information such as transcripts and recommendation letters by the application deadline. With any luck, you may get to University of kwazulu-natal.
Find full details on how to apply to the University of kwazulu-natal (UKZN) below. Here We’ve got all the institutions on the online application process.
Applying for Admission to University of kwazulu-natal
Applications via the Central Applications Office (CAO)
- All first-time South African applicants to UKZN for entry into degree/diploma study in the first semester (February) of an academic year (Grade 12s as well as undergraduate transfer students from other institutions) must apply via the Central Applications Office (CAO).
- Obtain the CAO application form and CAO Handbook from the CAO on +27 (0)31 268 4444 or CAO’s website at
www.cao.ac.za OR institutions OR high schools. For UKZN, write to [email protected]
- The CAO also has an online application facility.
- The forms have unique CAO reference application numbers that must be quoted in all correspondence. The CAO system will generate a CAO number when applying online.
- Students can apply to more than one institution on the CAO application form.
Applicants use the same application number for all institutions.
- Application for residence accommodation and financial assistance on the CAO application form. For UKZN, no further application forms are required.
- The CAO Handbook provides information on programmes available as well as information on minimum requirements for application to specific programmes. Applicants are allowed six choices that must be listed in order of preference.
- Applicants pay one application fee only to the CAO, regardless of the number of institutions they apply to:
- If students apply before 31 October 2019, the CAO application fee is R245.
- If students apply from 1 November 2019 onwards, the CAO application fee is R465.
- Application fees are paid either: by crossed cheque or postal order made out to the CAO on submission of applications OR by payment at any EasyPay facility using an application number and Easy Pay number on the form as reference OR via the Internet where applicants can print a deposit slip quoting the CAO number for bank deposits.
- Do not pay CAO application fees to UKZN and do not enclose cash.
- Completed application forms, proof of payment and documentation must be mailed to: Central Applications Office, Private Bag X06, Dalbridge 4014.
- The CAO will confirm receipt of applications by letter, fax or email; applicants must confirm their basic
information and their choices made; provide information on special programme requirements; and list outstanding documentation.
- Applicants must check the information and inform the CAO in writing if they want to make any changes to their programme choices. Any changes will require payment of an additional R120. Institutions will access the applications via the Internet. UKZN may make early/ conditional offers based on National Senior Certificate (NSC) results, if already obtained, or excellent Grade 11, Grade 12 mid-year or trial results. Offers may only be made once the NSC results are received in January.
- The CAO advises applicants via SMS as soon as a decision has been made. UKZN will follow up with further correspondence. Refer to page 22 for information on UKZN selection procedures.
- The CAO obtains the NSC results from the Department of Education.
The UKZN has developed an online application system. The following applicants can apply online:
- Postgraduate and international applicants;
- Returning former UKZN undergraduate Applicants;
- First-time entering South African undergraduate applicants should apply through the Central Application Office (CAO);
- A non-refundable application fee of R200 is payable to UKZN (late fee R400);
The URL link for applicants to apply online is on www.ukzn.ac.za under Apply to UKZN or the URL link is https://erpweb.ukzn.ac.za/pls/ukznint/gen.gw1pkg.gw1view
Email: [email protected]
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Tel: +27 (0)31 260 2212/2238/7577/ 7877/ 2011/3417;
+27 (0)33 260 5212/5214 /5022
Applications Directly to UKZN
The following applications must be made directly to UKZN:
- Previously registered UKZN students wanting to return to complete their programmes.
- Previously registered UKZN students wanting to apply to another undergraduate programme.
- Applicants for non-degree studies.
- New applicants for admission to non-CAO programmes listed in the College section of the UKZN Prospectus.
- New applicants applying for admission to Semester 2 (August). Consult with UKZN on availability of spaces in programmes before submitting applications for Semester 2.
SEE MORE ADMISSION NEWS
- University of kwazulu-natal courses – Application and Contacts
- Rhodes University courses, Application, Fees and Contacts
- University of the free state Prospectus – UFS prospectus 2020 pdf
- Rhodes university online application 2020(
- Cape peninsula university of technology online applicatioN
- University of zululand application forms 2020
- North west university online applicatio
- University of fort hare online application 2020
- Vaal Triangle Technikon
- University of zululand Prospectus
- Nelson mandela university online application 2020
- University of North West | faculties, courses, application forms, prospectus, online application 2020
- University of the Western Cape
- University of the western cape Prospectus
- University of Pretoria