One of the best universities in South Africa is Sekhukhune TVET College. The College offers a lot of courses for national and international students. Go through this article and you will get some useful information about the College, courses offered at Sekhukhune TVET College, how to apply, cluster points, and so much more
Courses offered at Sekhukhune TVET College
Here is the list of courses offered by Sekhukhune TVET College.
– Electrical Infrastructure
– Engineering & Related Design
– Civil Engineering
– IT & Computer Science
– Office Administration
LEVEL 2: BUSINESS STUDIES
- Gr 11 passed report
LEVEL 2: ENGINEERING STUDIES
- Gr 11 report with Maths
- Passed Level 2 (At least 5 subjects – must enrol for supplementary)
- Students can only enrol for 7 subjects in a year
- Passed Level 2 in all 7 subjects
- Passed Level 3 (At least 5 subjects – must enrol for supplementary)
- A candidate can only register on two consecutive levels in an academic year, i.e. Levels 2 and 3 or Levels 3 and 4, but not on Levels 2 and 4 or all three levels simultaneously.
- The full ICASS component is to be completed for all seven subjects offered in an academic year to ensure that tuition is offered even for subjects being repeated and the ICASS component is to retain its currency of 1 academic year.
- The same optional vocational subject is to be offered across all three levels by a candidate irrespective of the name change which may take place across Levels 2, 3 and 4.
PLP (Pre-vocational Learing programs)
- Passed Grade 9
- Passed Grade 10
WHAT IS NCV?
The Department of Education introduced the National Certificate Vocational at public Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Colleges in 2007. The NC(V) offers programmes of study in a variety of vocational field. The programmes are intended to directly respond to the priority skills demands of the South African economy.
The National Certificate Vocational is offered at Levels 2, 3 and 4 of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). The qualification is designed to provide both theory and practical experience in a particular vocational field. The practical component of the study is offered in a simulated workplace environment. Students have the opportunity to experience work situations during the period of study.
A learner will qualify for a National Certificate Vocational after completion of all the levels. In order to obtain a National Certificate Vocational a student is required to take a total of 7 subjects. These include 3 fundamental subjects and 4 vocational/compulsory subjects.
The 3 fundamental subjects are:
– Mathematics for engineering courses or Mathematics Literacy for business studies courses
– Life Orientation
The Department of Education also has a bursary scheme attached to this qualification for all learners who enroll for NC(V) and whose applications are successful.
What will a student be qualified to do after three years?
Students will essentially have the following options:
– Access work opportunities in a work environment or a relevant to his/her vocational specialisation
– Access workplace with the occupational specialisation
– Decide to progress into higher education
– Pursue further training to N4, N5 and N6.
– Go into self-employment
Prospective students must complete a placement questionnaire which will assist the student in choosing the correct career path.
Placement tests are written in September – October every year and also in January. To assure your space you are advised to write the test during September.
REPORT 191 PROGRAMMES:
|Also available as distance education|
|CS BARLOW CAMPUS (Motetema)||CN PHATUDI CAMPUS (Praktiseer)|
|Busines Studies N4 – N6||Busines Studies N4 – N6|
|– Financial Management||– Financial Management|
|– Human Resource Management||– Human Resource Management|
|– Marketing Management||– Marketing Management|
|– Assistant Management|
|Engineering Studies N1 – N6||Engineering Studies N1 – N6|
|– Civil Engineering||– Civil Engineering|
|– Electrical Engineering||– Electrical Engineering|
|– Mechanical Engineering||– Mechanical Engineering|
|N4: Nationa Senior Certificate||N1 Civil: Grade 12 with iether a fail in maths or a pass inmaths literacy|
|N5: N4 or an equivalent qualification||N1 Electrical & Mechanical: Grade 12 with a pass in maths|
|N6: N5 or an equivalent qualification||N4: N3 or a Technical Senior Certificate|
|.||N5: N4 or an equivalent qualification|
|N6: N5 or an equivalent qualification|
|Course duration is a semester per level (Jan-Jun and Jul-Nov)||Course duration is a trimester per level (Jan-Apr, May-Aug and Sep-Nov)|
Apply to the Sekhukhune TVET College
The Sekhukhune TVET College has opened applications for admission of undergraduates to the school for the 2020 academic year. Click here to apply online