Rhodes University is a public research university located in Grahamstown in the Eastern Cape Province of South Africa. It is one of four universities in the province. Established in 1904, Rhodes University is the province’s oldest university, and it is the fifth or sixth oldest South African university in continuous operation, being preceded by the University of the Free State (1904), University of Witwatersrand (1896), Stellenbosch University (1866)and the University of Cape Town (1829).Rhodes was founded in 1904 as Rhodes University College, named after Cecil Rhodes, through a grant from the Rhodes Trust. It became a constituent college of the University of South Africa in 1918 before becoming an independent university in 1951.
The university had an enrolment of over 8,000 students in the 2015 academic year, of whom just over 3,600 lived in 51 residences on campus, with the rest (known as Oppidans) taking residence in digs (off-campus residences) or in their own homes in the town.
Located in Grahamstown in the Eastern Cape province of South Africa, Rhodes is a small university which enjoys the distinction of having among the best undergraduate pass and graduation rates in South Africa, outstanding postgraduate success rates, and the best research output per academic staff member.
This is testimony to the quality of students that Rhodes attracts and of academic provision, and to the commitment of Rhodes staff to student development and success. our more than 7 000 students, 26% are postgraduates and 20% are international students from 40 countries around the world, making Rhodes a dynamic and cosmopolitan knowledge institution.
Students are able to undertake an extensive range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in the faculties of Humanities, Science, Commerce, Pharmacy, Law and Education. With the most favourable academic staff to student ratio among South African universities, Rhodes students are guaranteed easy access to academics and close supervision.
The University takes pride in its motto, Where Leaders Learn, and producing graduates who are knowledgeable intellectuals, skilled professionals, and critical, caring and compassionate citizens who can contribute to economic and social development and an equitable, just and democratic society
- rhodes university faculties
- rhodes university courses
- rhodes university prospectus 2020
- rhodes university online application
- rhodes university acceptance rate
- rhodes university ranking
- rhodes university online application 2020
- University of fort hare Prospectus
- Durban university of technology online application
- University of the Witwatersrand courses, Application, Fees and Contacts
- University of Venda
- Tshwane university of technology online application
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology – CPUT
- University of South Africa Prospectus
- Nelson mandela university student portal
- Durban university of technology Prospectus
- University of venda online application 2020
- University of fort hare online application 2020
- Monash University South Africa
- Nelson Mandela University (NMU)
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Zululand
- Technikon Free State
- Eastern Cape University of Technology
- Nelson mandela university online application 2020
- University of limpopo online application 2020
- Nelson Mandela University Prospectus
- University of fort hare courses, Application, Fees and Contacts
- Durban university of technology courses, Application, Fees and Contacts
- Cape peninsula university of technology prospectus
- University of Furt Hare
- University of South Africa courses, UNISAApplication, Fees and Contacts