Apply to the North-West University (NWU)
North-West University is one of the best Universities in South Africa, so a good application is a fundamental part of the competitive admissions process. Luckily, completing an application is simple thanks to the use of standardized online applications. Both undergraduates and graduates need to supply information such as transcripts and recommendation letters by the application deadline. With any luck, you may get to North-West University.
Apply to NWU using the online application
View step by step guide: Here
Step 1: Getting a student number (start at step 2 if you already have one)
- Go to the online application platform: http://studies.nwu.ac.za/studies/how-apply-online
- Click on New application
- Click on Create new student number and complete all the fields
- When applying for Distance Learning, please select Potchefstroom as the Campus
- You select the study centre of your choice. (E.G Potchefstroom is the Campus but you select Vanderbijlpark under study centre.)
Please note that the allocation of a student number does not mean that you have completed the application process.
Please go through all the steps below to ensure that your application is complete and that it reaches us. Incomplete applications will not be processed by the University.
Step 2: Log in
- When you receive a student number, use that together with the PIN number you created to log in.
Step 3: What do you want to study?
- Complete all the fields I.E. the qualifications, modes of delivery and curricula.
Step 4: Upload supporting documents
In order to consider your application, please upload the following supporting documents:
- Certified copies of the Available grade 12 marks (or gr 11 if the gr 12 marks are not available yet), or a copy of your matric certificate – if you have already passed matric.
- Certified Copy of your ID
- Certified copy of the Marriage certificate (if applicable).
- Certified copy of Academic record for previous qualifications (if applicable)
- Certified copy of previous qualifications (If applicable).
- Additional documents for international prospective students:
When applyig for ACT and Diploma in Grade R programmes , please submit the following forms in order to complete the application.
Step 5: Submit application
- Please make sure that you press the Submit application
*Please be advised that the following programs will open for second semester intake
Applications will be open from 1ST March 2019 – 30TH April 2019
- NURSING – POST GRADUATE
- BA POLICING
The following programs will open for the academic year 2020.
The following programs will be open from 1st of May 2019 until 31st of October 2019
- Diploma in Grade R
- BSc IT
- BA Policing
Opening dates for application
- BEd WILL ONLY BE OPEN FROM 1ST March 2019 – 31ST OF July 2019 (the end date may change)
- BEd Honours (Distance) will only open from 1st March to 31st July 2019.
- PG DIP in Management applications open from 1 March to 31 Augustus for the academic year 2020 .
- PG DIP Labour Law open from 1st of March for the academic year 2020 please be advised the closing date will follow
SEE MORE ADMISSION NEWS
- University of the western cape Prospectus
- Monash University South Africa
- Rhodes University courses, Application, Fees and Contacts
- University of Limpopo Prospectus
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology – CPUT
- University of Cape Town uct prospectus
- University of zululand online application
- University of Cape Town online application
- North-West University Prospectus
- University of South Africa courses, UNISAApplication, Fees and Contacts
- Tshwane University of Technology courses, Application, Fees and Contacts
- Durban university of technology Prospectus
- University of fort hare online application 2020
- University of South Africa Prospectus
- University of zululand application forms 2020
- University of zululand courses, Application, Fees and Contacts