Apply to the Nelson Mandela University (NMU)
Nelson Mandela University is one of the best Universities in South Africa, so a good application is a fundamental part of the competitive admissions process. Luckily, completing an application is simple thanks to the use of standardized online applications. Both undergraduates and graduates need to supply information such as transcripts and recommendation letters by the application deadline. With any luck, you may get to Nelson Mandela University.
Applying for Admission to Nelson Mandela University
Below are the most important documents you are required to have when applying at Nelson Mandela University
Apply to NMU using the online application
If you started with your online application and have not yet completed the process or done a final submission, kindly login to continue with the process/do the final submission.
Have you completed an application form (hard copy) and sent it to Nelson Mandela University? If yes, view your status. If no, proceed to continue with your application.
What you will need:
- Your latest school results – Example: Grade 11 final or grade 12 June or September or final school leaving results – No Grade 12 March results.(This is applicable to applicants who are currently in Grade 12 and will be writing or have written the National Senior Certificate (NSC) examinations).
- A valid SA ID number or passport number
- To know what your postal code is
- Access to an e–mail address
- Access to a scanner and/or
- Access to a fax machine and/or
- Access to a printer (if you are currently at school or studying at a tertiary institution or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment.)
- Please ensure that you enter your cell number correctly, as your application status will be communicated via cellphone
Move the mouse over the help icon if you are not sure what is required in a specific field.
Ensure that all information is correct before submission as you will not be able to change any information after the final submission. Refer to the guidelineson the process to follow should you wish to submit changes.
Application forms will only be processed once all the documents have been submitted.
Application fees (all qualifications) for academic admission: 2020 January intake
NB: South African applicants applying online are exempted from paying the application fee.
To make an online payment you can use our Online Payment Gateway
International student application fee: R500
You may remit your application fee by telegraphic transfer or bank draft. The bank details are as follows:
|Account name:||Nelson Mandela University|
|Bank name:||Standard Bank|
|Bank Swift code:||SBZAZAJJ|
|Bank address:||1 Pickering Street, Newton Park, Port Elizabeth, South Africa NMU ref. no.: 5350 4605|
|Student name:||Please state your student name on deposit slip|
Please do not send cash in the post.
Application fees are non-refundable. Payment of application fees does not guarantee entry to the university.
Before completing the application form and paying the application fee, please take note of the minimum admission requirements for the qualification that you are applying for (Website: www.mandela.ac.za/application) or refer to the relevant course guide.
1st Time International Applicants
Please find the link below for the different programme offered to International students as not all programmes are offered. NB. However note that if you choose another programme that is not offered to International students you application will not be considered for the academic year.
Returning International Students
If you were previously registered student at Nelson Mandela University you would have to follow the manual application process as International Student will not be able to continue with the online application process.
SEE MORE ADMISSION NEWS
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology – CPUT
- University of Cape Town uct prospectus(
- Tshwane university of technology prospectus
- Durban university of technology Prospectus
- University of Cape Town online application
- University of South Africa – Unisa
- University of Furt Hare
- University of the Witwatersrand courses, Application, Fees and Contacts
- University of Pretoria
- Monash University South Africa
- University of Venda(Opens in a new browser tab)
- University of Cape Town courses and Faculties
- University of the witwatersrand prospectus
- University of North West
- University of Limpopo
- Vaal Triangle Technikon
- IMM Graduate School of Marketing
- Nelson Mandela University (NMU)
- University of the Western Cape
- Durban university of technology online application
- Mangosuthu Technikon(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Tshwane University of Technology courses, Application, Fees and Contacts