Ministry of education form one selection
Ministry of Education, Technology, and Science is responsible for national program and policies which help Kenyans gain access to quality and affordable post-school, school education, academic research and higher education.
The Ministry of Education has four different types of form one selection available for different schools. So, students can be admitted to the school of their choices. The four types of selection in 2019 are:
- Form One Selection 2020 for National Schools
- Form One Selection 2020 for County Schools
- Form One Selection 2020 for Extra County Schools
- Form One Selection 2020 for Sub County Schools
How to download form one admission letters online 2019
in order to check in which school you or your child has been admitted to, you have to download the form one admission letter.
To download the letter, go to the Ministry of Education website (http://www.education.go.ke/) then follow the five easy steps which are given below:
- Select the county and sub-county where you sat for KCPE then enter your index number and click on submit button.
- Click on the link named “admission letter” at the bottom of the page for a copy of your admission letter.
- Use the download icon to download or the printer icon to print the letter to your computer.
- Get your primary school’s head teacher to endorse the letter and stamp it in the space provided.
- Finally, with a certified copy of your birth certificate present the admission letter for admission.
Form one admission letter
The Form one selection letters are usually posted on the website of Ministry of Education and schools can print them out.
How to check form one intake via SMS
You could also check your Form one selection through SMS. For checking your form one selection, you just needed to do one thing. Send your index number to 20042 from your mobile phone and get to know about selection. The charges of sending this SMS will be determined by the individual mobile company which you will be using.
Selection procedure of form one admission
The following steps are followed for computerized selection of form one are:
- The selected students who have managed to secure the 1st & 2nd places (for categories of both boys and girls) can get into the national school of their own choices, i.e. if an allocation has already been provided for their Districts.
- In the absence, the computer assigns such performing candidates schools of equivalent stature to their choices;
- Selection of the other National Schools Quota based on the ratio of candidates from Private and public; County Schools purely selects students within a County, all boarding schools fall under this category; The system gives an advantage to Counties inclusive of host County in filling vacancies which may arise during the selection (such as the inability of certain Districts to produce candidates with more or equal to 280 marks);
- District Selection: still done manually due to challenges of mapping primary schools or communities to the proximity of secondary day schools.
- Selection of Extra-County Schools which have same features as National Schools with the variance being the number of candidates to be picked being more within the host Counties of the schools.