About International Trade Institute of Southern Africa (ITRISA)
Established in 1996 as a Section 21 (‘not for gain’) company, the International Trade Institute of Southern Africa (ITRISA) NPC specialises in assisting organisations and individuals to develop the knowledge and competencies needed to succeed in today’s highly competitive international trade arena.
ITRISA’s core business activities are:
- Education. ITRISA runs a comprehensive distance learning programme in international trade, comprising:
- the 1-year Higher Certificate in International Trade (NQF Level 5)
- the 2-year Advanced Certificate in International Trade (Exports or Imports) (NQF Level 6)
- the 3-year Diploma in International Trade Management (Exports or Imports) (NQF Level 6)
Each course affords participants valuable insights into the challenges and opportunities associated with doing business internationally, and successful candidates receive a qualification which is both nationally and internationally accredited. ITRISA’s Advanced Certificate is also a Financial Services Board (FAIS) Recognised Qualification (List 1 for Category 1).
- Training. ITRISA conducts short courses and workshops in Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth and Sandton, Johannesburg, as well as tailored in-house training across all provinces (on request). Content covers a wide range of international trade-related topics, e.g. international transport modes, shipping logistics, customs procedures, warehousing, costing and pricing, payment methods and risk management, documentation, market access requirements, market research and international contractual issues.
- Consulting. ITRISA also consults to public and private sector concerns on various trade-related matters, and over the years has partnered with entities such as the dti, Wesgro, seda, the City of Cape Town, the City of Tshwane, GGDA, SAAFF, DAFF, TIKZN, the UCT Graduate School of Business, North-West University, and the Transport Education & Training Authority (TETA) in specific projects aimed at identifying stumbling blocks to effective international trade performance and/or building expertise and capacity amongst targeted groups of people.
ITRISA is also frequently called upon to participate in trade-focused forums, working groups, technical committees and foreign international trade advisory boards, and to contribute articles to industry journals and other publications.
By remaining in regular contact with its extensive network of trade practitioners, service providers to the trade community, government officials and training/education specialists, ITRISA ensures that its products and services remain relevant and quality-driven, and offer practical solutions to all businesses looking to expand internationally.
ITRISA is registered in South Africa with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) as a private higher education institution and is fully accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE). At an international level, ITRISA currently hosts the Secretariat of the UK-registered International Association of Trade Training Organisations (IATTO), and its executive director is the IATTO Board director responsible for the Association’s Accreditation, Certification and Professional Designation System. ITRISA has been an accredited IATTO training provider since 1998 and holds the IATTO agency for southern Africa.
For more information, contact ITRISA:
tel +27(11) 807 5317 fax +27(11) 807 5321
e-mail: [email protected]
P O Box 2475, Rivonia 2128, Gauteng, South Africa
Trade Development House
Eden Gardens, 16 Wessel Road, Rivonia, Sandton, Gauteng
For more details, you can visit the International Trade Institute of Southern Africa (ITRISA) Website Here