Position: Fieldworker (6 Posts)
Reports To: Field Coordinator and Project Coordinator
Work Station: Bagamoyo
Apply By: March 2023
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research, service delivery and policy translation.
Ifakara seeks qualified and experienced individuals to work as Fieldworkers. The Fieldworkers will support research work under the CHILD Malaria Study at Kiwangwa and Fukayosi sites in Bagamoyo to ensure that delegated scheduled activities of the study are conducted in accordance with the study protocol and applicable standard operating procedures. Kindly note: Preference will be given to applicants residing in study sites (Kiwangwa and Fukayosi/Bagamoyo).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct follow up of participants in the community to assess their wellbeing after administration of Investigational product.
- Document accurately and completely the adverse events in the electronic case report forms during home visits.
- Responsible for guiding participants through the consenting process and study procedures and consent study participants.
- Ensure enrolled participants return to the health facility for scheduled follow-up visits and follow up with participants who do not return.
- Ensure study participants are reimbursed as per the protocol requirements.
- Ensure good working relationship in the working environment with colleagues, MOH staff, other partners, participants and community at large.
- Assist in accurate vital sign and anthropometry taking and cleaning of the equipment used for collection of the same.
- Assist with miscellaneous study activities including data entry, data query response, attend training, and weekly reporting.
- Communicate with the field coordinator on any issues from the field.
- Attend study field briefs and share progress of work with the rest of the team.
- Be courteous, respectful, proactive, conscientious, punctual, honest and hardworking.
- Work closely with the study clinicians at the health facilities.
- Must be flexible to work during weekends and public holidays.
- Be responsible for the study supplies and equipment’s while in the field.
- Communicate with other study staff regularly at scheduled meeting and active participation in all meeting.
- Adhere to the ICH Guidelines of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) at all times during the study.
- Assist in processing and maintaining documents and scheduling appointment.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Study Manager and other supervisors.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of a secondary school education.
- Good English and Swahili, both spoken and written.
- Must be able to write brief reports and keep records.
- Must be computer literate.
Skills and Competencies
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience in collection of blood samples is an added advantage.
- Hard working and team player.
- Experience working with infants.
- Experience with data entry.
- Have worked in a research environment.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00 hours on Wednesday March 8th 2023. All e-mail application subject lines should include: FIELDWORKER – LMI PROJECT. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania