ACDI/VOCA is a global development organization working in over 60 countries around the world. In Tanzania, ACDI/VOCA is implementing the USAID-funded Feed the Future Tanzania Kilimo Tija Activity, which aims to transform the Tanzanian horticulture market system into a more vibrant, competitive, resilient, and inclusive one capable of fueling sustained growth and drawing in new market participants.
ACDI/VOCA believes that all people should have the opportunity to achieve better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities. With diverse partners, ACDI/VOCA empowers people to succeed in the global economy.
Pursuant to its mission, ACDI/VOCA is seeking enumerators for the Feed the Future Tanzania Kilimo Tija Activity Baseline Survey to be conducted in the Zonal of influence including Mbeya, Iringa, Njombe, Morogoro, Unguja and Pemba. Enumerators will be responsible for collecting high-quality data that meets standards of completeness, consistency, and accuracy, primarily from individuals who are expected to directly benefit from the USAID-funded activity Feed the Future Tanzania—Kilimo Tija (FTFT—KTA).
Duration of Assignment: 1 Month.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide expertise and support during the rollout of the FTFT-KTA baseline survey and its integration into digital data collection applications such as KOBO collect or ODK.
- Review the design of the survey, the field test modules, and the Swahili versions of the survey tools and MEL training materials that will be used in the field, understand them and be able to effectively use in the field.
- Attend the FTFT-KTA Enumerator Training Workshop and take part in it to learn and improve skills related to MEL data.
- Review lists districts, villages, and potential beneficiaries (horticulture smallholder farmers and Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) for sampling and baseline data interviews in each target region.
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and confirm that all key variables for sampling are fully populated (to enable a smooth sampling process).
- Take part in all the required MEL follow-up trainings, such as additional field testing through “small group calibration” activities and one-on-one farm simulation visits.
- Provide constructive input and feedback during the planning of field implementation activities.
- Collect baseline data for horticulture value chain stakeholders, including smallholder farmers and MSMEs.
- Collect full MEL surveys at a rate of three to five surveys per day, on average depending on the type of expected beneficiary type.
- Ascertain that the data collected and uploaded to the clouds is complete and of high quality.
- Help with full data cleaning, verification, and quality checks to find common problems with data integrity, precision, and validity. Give the results to the MEL Specialist so the MEL Manager and CLA Specialist can follow up on them.
- Contribute to the collection of materials as stories to understand and illustrate observed smallholder farmers’ and MSMEs current situations and challenges.
- Report daily to the MEL Specialist on progress, irregularities, and any other information important for the management of relations and responsibilities.
- Provide inputs for the preparation of any other monitoring reports and/or presentations.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in any field, Horticulture, Agriculture or Agri business will be an added advantage.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in quantitative or qualitative data collection.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of mobile devices and digital data collection platforms in the collection of data
- Capable of working independently with minimum supervision and meeting deadlines without compromising quality.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written, and verbal communications.
- Ability to travel to remote locations.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
Candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com no later than February 9, 2023. Candidates should indicate the position for which they are applying in the subject line. Only fully qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Leave a Reply